9 - Beat his ass!

~~~~~

The first period was potionology. You sat down with Ace on your right and Deuce on your left. Yuu was next to Deuce with Grim in his arms and Ezra was in your arms.

"Hey, Y/n..." Ace spoke up, "are you allowed to bring the cat here?" He asked, glancing down at Ezra.

You scoffed, reaching a hand to pet the bengal cat's fur. "Don't worry about that Ace~ I had a little... talk. With Crowley." Ace shivered from the irony of the smile on your face compared to your tone of voice. Was it not for your exceptional acting skills, your smile would have appeared more sinister than innocent.

"Right. Ooookay." The ginger boy muttered as he turned away from you to face the front. Deuce and Yuu sweat dropped at the scene. They were curious as to what you had talked about, but at the same time, they didn't want to know.

Your teacher was an enchanting man with two toned hair, being parted at the side of his head as black and white. He had fair skin and black eyeshadow outlining his steel blue (?) eyes. He wore a big, furry coat that was striped black and white with 3 kitsune-like tails at the end. [Crewel, why 😭 AND THE RED SOCKS! AND THE SHOEEESSS 😭😭] In his hand was also a long pointer stick with chains and locks dangling off at the end.

"Ah. You must be my new home room students. Hm, that's quite the unusual coat of fur. Do make sure that you arrive properly groomed." He spoke as he observed the class, his eyes softening as they landed upon you and giving you a small smile. "My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me Master Crewel." Yeah, no thanks. You'll stick to saying Mr Crewel.

"Now, take your seats. Class is about to begin. We're going to start with the basics. And by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brain. The mycelia are another matter. But eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws. For now, I realise you all have the self control of voracious hounds. But I will not abide a single student failing this class. Expect to be drilled accordingly."

"Huh. So... does anyone know what a mycelia is?" Deuce asked no one in particular. While Ace and Grim decided to complain, you decided to help Deuce like a nice friend would. "Mycelia, or mycelium, is basically a root-like structure of a fungus. It's made up of a mass of hyphae."

Crewel, who had somehow heard you, smiled warmly at you. "Correct, Y/n. Hyphae are the building blocks of fungi, while mycelia are the fungi's bodies." He then turned his attention to Deuce, who had visibly paled at the teacher's sharp gaze. "You need to learn more."

Potionology was finally over, and now it was time for History of Magic. As boring as history is, you probably needed to focus well in this lesson.

An elderly looking man stood in front of the class. His hair was grey with a bit of white in the middle and the sides of his head. He draped a long, wine red coat over his shoulders which flowed down to his feet. An emerald green gem was set in the middle of his collar. What really caught your attention was the chunky, adorable cat in his arms. The cat had black fur with a white belly and snout. It was snuggled comfortably into the teacher's arms.

"I am your history teacher, Mozus Trein and this is my familiar, Lucius." He introduced himself and his cat. [Mozus Trein keeps autocorrecting to Molas Train help]

"You are here to learn the rich history of magic, and how it has sculpted the world which you now so easily take for granted." The cat meowed. So cute!!! "I grade based on classroom behaviour as well as the quality of work. Don't let me catch you sleeping. Now, let us open our books to page 15. This section concerns the magestones discovered in the Dwarfs' Mine." Oh, well you had quite a lot of experience with that. Lucius meowed again then let out a yawn, jumping on Trein's desk.