8 - Painting Roses Red

~~~~~

Your group arrived at the mirror chamber and made a beeline towards the Heartslabyul mirror. You stepped into the mirror and a bright light immediately engulfed your vision. Upon gaining your eyesight back, you looked around and noticed a castle, you were in the Heartslabyul dorm now. Heart shaped bushes outlined the cobble path as the fountain in front flowed freely.

Grim awed at the sight snd threw his arms up. "Dang, this place is swank! This is nothing like our dumpster of a dorm." You stared at him with a disappointed look. "Hey now... our dorm is still a work in progress." Yuu added on to your statement, "yeah! And comparisons will only make you more miserable."

You heard a voice in the distance. "Awh yeah, I am getting my paint on!"

What the fuck.

"Ah, someone's here." Grim pointed out the obvious. Thanks Grim.

A ginger haired boy was on a ladder painting roses red, he had a diamond drawn on his cheek similar to Ace and Deuce and his hair faded slightly blue and the ends, tied back into a half up half down hairstyle with two pieces of hair sticking out on either side. His eyes were a sage tint of green [I think] and his top button seemed unbuttoned with a loose tie. You noticed he had a red arm band and a red jewel on his blazer.

"They all gotta be red, or it's 'off with my head'!" The voice said in a seemingly cheerful manner. You furrowed your eyebrows, getting a sense of déjà vu. "I feel like I've seen this somewhere before..." you muttered. Yuu, who was next to you, noticed you mutter something and looked at you in confusion, "Y/n? Did you say something?" You perked up. "Nope!"

The voice noticed you and addressed your group. "You guys need something?" Ace scratched the back of his head. "What are you doing?" The other ginger tilted his head with a grin. "Are you blind? I'm painting these roses red, duh." He stated with sass.

Deuce's eyes widened. "What?! Why?!" The taller ginger laughed. "Ah ha ha. So naïve, you put the 'n' in newb." His scanned your group up and down as his eyes lit up in realisation. "Hold the phone, I know you! You're the ones who broke a billion thaumark chandelier and nearly got expelled for it, yeah! And you're the girl of night Raven college!" He jumped to your side, much to your surprise.

"Wow, you are really pretty up close~!" He grinned, leaning closer to you and fully examining your features while you gave him an awkward smile. "Uh... thanks?" He was a bit too close for your liking. (I mean, if a hot guy was this close to you, there's no way you could keep your composure.)

"That chandelier is going to haunt us till the day we graduate, isn't it?" Ace mumbled while eyeing the two. You were gently pulled away from the taller ginger as he whipped his head around to look at Ace. "And you! You're the one who ate the housewarden's tart that same night! You guys are THE hot topic around campus! I've gotta get in on this fleeting fame!"

"Im just gonna grab a selfie real quick..." He announced as he pulled all of you together, his chin resting on your head while making a peace sign with his other arm extended out to hold his phone. Ezra was still in your arms and Grim was in Yuu's. A bright flash covered your eyes, practically blinding you for a moment. The photo turned out quite messy, with a range of expressions.

"It's cool if I post this on Magicam, right? Gimme your names so I can tag you." The boy happily cheered. You didn't know what Magicam exactly was, but figured it was the instagram of this world.