My Valentine 💝

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. This is a two chapter fic I wrote for our favorite Sasusaku on this occasion. I hope you enjoy it.

Modern AU, Highschool love, Soft Sasuke

"Did you hear that Sakura is asking Neji out on Valentine's?"

"Wait really?"

"Yes I heard it from Suri. She said she heard some girls from her class talk about it in the washroom."

"That's cute, they are like the most popular people in our school."

"Right, and I don't know who I should be more jealous of."

Sasuke heard laughter coming from the girls who were gossiping. He never cared for gossip before, they were just some useless rumors being spread. But, this particular topic was something that affected him or the person involved in this topic is the reason it bothered him.

Sakura Haruno was one of the top students in their class, the gorgeous and talented president of the dance club, vice-president of the student council, and the most popular girl in their school. She was loved by all, the teachers adored her and the students admired her. She was kind and helpful to everyone. There was a long list of boys and even some girls who wanted to date her and Sasuke was one of them.

Sasuke was appealed by her charm and kindness for very long. He was very shy in his childhood. When they were in the first grade and he forgot his coloring pencils she was the only one who shared her colors with him. He had been fond of her since then. She gave him a band-aid when he fell and hurt his knee in the third grade. She made cupcakes in sixth grade and distributed them in the school. He wasn't a fan of sweets but he liked her cupcakes. After she came back to school from summer break in their freshman year he started favoring her physical appearance. He always thought she was pretty but he found himself being attracted to her.

Due to his shy and reserved nature, Sasuke never got a chance to confess his feelings to her. He didn't get much chance to talk to her as well since they were in different sections. He only admired her in the hallways, library, and sometimes in the canteen. No one else except his brother Itachi knew about his crush on her.  With no friends in school he didn't have anyone else to talk about it. 

Past few days rumors were going around about Sakura potentially proposing to Neji Hyuga on Valentine's Day and Sasuke didn't like it one bit. He knew he had no right to be mad about it. Sakura wasn't his girlfriend, she wasn't even his friend. Despite that, he felt a tug in his heart. He liked Sakura a lot and the thought of her being someone else's girlfriend was insufferable.

Sometimes, he hated himself for not being confident and more 'cool' like other kids in his class. He was called a loner and was made fun of behind his back. Due to this he always felt like he wasn't worthy of someone as astonishing as Sakura. She was everything he wasn't. Hence, he never even felt brave enough to go and approach her.

______________________________________

On the day of Valentine's Sasuke stood before Sakura's desk once again. He had a Valentine's Day card with a poem he wrote for her inside it. In all past years, he never got the gut to give this to her in person so, like every year he decided to secretly put the card inside her bag. He waited for everyone to get out of the class and went in. He found her desk and as he was about to put the card in for her, someone snatched the card from him.