Romantic 💗

Angst, Modern AU

It'd been a particularly long week for Sasuke. Moving back to his hometown Konoha from Oto was exhausting. He'd finally unpacked and gotten settled in his new apartment. Konoha had modernized a lot since he'd last been here. There were more buildings, cars, trains, and a lot more people.

Seeing familiar places brought a lot of memories from the old days. Those memories hurt him and made him smile at the same time. He saw the places he used to hang out with his friends. The ramen shop Naruto always dragged him to, the sports club he often visited with Itachi, and the park near the book shop; her favorite place.

They both loved reading books. They would go to the park and read books. Sometimes they read their books separately in silence or they read out loud to each other when there were fewer people.

He walked to the park, remembering every moment he spent with her. He sat down at the bench, their usual bench. They spent a lot of their time there on that particular bench. He stayed there drowning in her thoughts. It'd been 5 years since he'd last seen her and he missed her terribly.

He recalled how she would make him listen to all her favorite songs.

"Sasuke-kun please, you have to listen to this new song, it's so romantic and tragic at the same time," She was giving him the puppy eyes.

"Sakura, you know I don't listen to romantic music and how can it be both romantic and tragic?" Sasuke asked as he laid his head on her lap.

"Is just is ok, it's very heartbreaking but so beautiful with so much emotion. This is my favorite song ever," She said with a huge grin.

Sasuke chuckled, "You say that about every new song you listen to," He raised his hand to pinch her cheeks.

"But it's different this time. I gonna say the this to you after 10 years as well I promise, just you wait."

It's been 10 years since she promised and now they aren't together for her to keep her promise. He wanted to hear her sing the song again for the 100th time. It was her favorite song. She used to sing it any chance she got. He learned all the lines listening to her. The song had started to grow on him too. One day he started humming the song without even realising that and Sakura didn't leave any chance to tease him with that.

He saw a vendor selling dangos nearby. She loved them while he hated the sight of anything sweet. She could always eat dangos any time any day. She tried to make him eat dangos with her but he never gave in.

"Just a bite Sasuke-kun, please try them," Sakura pleaded with him for the millionth time.

"You know I don't like sweets," He saw her frowning her face.

"Yeah, but you have never even tried them. It's my favorite food you have to try this once in a lifetime. Please, I'll never tell you to do this again. Just a small bite for me," Sasuke just shook his head at that.

"It's your favorite food not mine." He smirked.

He stood up and went to the vendor to buy a stick of dango. He paid for them and got out. It hurt him a lot being far from her. Those five years without her had been very painful for him. Not getting to wake up with her every morning, seeing her smile, looking into her beautiful emerald eyes, hugging her from behind while she's cooking, kissing her good night, and of course listening to her sing her favourite song.

If only he didn't make that one mistake, they would still be together today. They would be happily married, living in their beautiful home with their children.