0:05

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
JUNE 4, 2024
10:03 PM

"Look that shit happened years ago, and that bitch ass nigga started it. I ain't even mean to hurt him that bad", Zayden's heart was pounding outside of his chest at this point, but he didn't wanna show that he was afraid.

Cameron comes up behind him, standing there ready to defend his best friend at any cost. However, his PTSD started to act up. He could physically feel the anxiety building up inside of his body.

Just as he expected, a gun is pulled. "You almost took his damn life. That punk ass house arrest ain't do nothing", he walks towards him with the loaded weapon. The bullets are jacketed hollow points.

Jovonnie breaks the tension by riding past them, spraying two of the guys in the eyes with bear spray.

Without saying anything, Zayden pulls Cameron away from the situation. They rush to the car, driving off.

KATIANA JORDYN WINTERS

JUNE 4TH, 2024
11:32 PM

"Come on come on", she repeatedly blows up her older brother's phone. She can't stop assuming that they had gotten hurt or worse. All of her friends try to console her, but she's too panicked and nervous to listen to anything they have to say.

"Kat im sure they're okay-", Jovonnie attempts to speak but she snaps at him.

"Stop! I need all of y'all to just shut the fuck up until he answers"

The whole room goes silent. Most of them go upstairs to give her some space, but Jovonnie and Angelina sit downstairs with her in complete stillness.

When the two boys finally walk into the house, it's clear that there's not a single coherent in their minds. "I need both of you to tell me what the fuck just happened-"

"Shut the fuck up talking to me Katiana", Cameron raised his voice, ignoring everyone in the house. Angelina flinches hard. Without even talking, he walks back outside, going inside his car. He doesn't drive anywhere, he just sits there.

Katiana looked at Zayden, before looking over at Jovonnie. "Don't..just let him cool off", Zayden gently pulls her away from the door. If she were to go outside with him, she'd end up connecting her fist to his jaw for speaking to her like that.

But she knows it's been a rough night. Shakily, she sits down on the stairs. Unable to form words, she just buries her head into her chest.

CAMERON WINTERS

JUNE 5TH, 202412:00 AM

JUNE 5TH, 2024
12:00 AM

It had been a moment or two since he had gotten into his car. Unexpectedly, his eyes fill with tears as his body fills up with a little too much panic. It feels as if his lungs are going to collapse.

He had began to feel like he was losing control again. The last time he had felt like this was after Zayden was arrested. Weeps and sobs come out of his mouth as he pounds his fist against the steering wheel. "Fuck! Fuck fuck fuck!", he yells out while losing complete control over his emotions.

Katiana quickly rushes to his car so she can comfort him. "I don't- I don't know what's happening to me", he shuddered as his breathing increased. Breathing feels icy for him.

"Cam you're having a panic attack. I need you to focus on me, okay?"

They lock eyes for a brief second before she holds his shaky hand. "Take five deep breaths, and don't stop until you can feel yourself calming down", she soothingly says. Following her instructions, he takes five deep breaths. In. And out. It was hard for him to do but he had finally calmed down.

Once it was over, he put his head on his sister's warm shoulder. "I-I'm really sorry. This hasn't happened in a while", he says as she wipes his tears. Sibling love is like no other. They understand each other better than anyone else can.

"That happens to Angelina sometimes. You should talk to her about how you feel, I think she could help you", she rubs his back softly and stays calm so she won't freak him out.

They walk back into the house, and Cameron is absolutely silent. "Angelina could we talk?", he nervously asks. It's not like he has a crush on her, he's just not used to asking for help.

"Yeah, come on", she whispers while leading him over to Katiana's indoor gym. He slides his back down the wall, sitting on the freezing cold floor. She does the same. She doesn't wanna come off as pushy, so she waits for him to speak first.

"I'm scared. All the fucking time. And you know im a nigga, im supposed to be strong enough to handle my emotions but.. ever since i got stabbed, I been having these episodes", his eyes fill up with tears once again.

"That's what happens after something traumatic happens. Just because you're a man doesn't mean you have to be strong 24/7", she speaks in her soft, angelic voice. It instantly brings him peace the same way that it does with everyone else.

"I don't know.. shit just never went back to normal. The scar is healed but it's like the mental wound isn't? I still feel like im bleeding on the inside", he clears his throat to prevent his voice from cracking.

"You're keeping it bottled up instead of letting it out. Like my mamí always told me, you should never be afraid to speak up about something that's bothering you", she reassures him, making him feel odd. Nobody's ever really reassured him like that, besides his family.

And just like that.. he let it out. The sense of relief he felt after pouring all of his emotions out to Angelina is something that he's never felt before.