0:03

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
JUNE 4TH, 2024
10:13 AM

After a long night of playing 'do or drink', prank calling people, taking pictures, and walking to the gas station at 3 AM, they all fell asleep at about 4:13 AM. Awoken by a deafening beeping noise, Katiana groans loudly. "The fuck..did someone burn the house down?", she thinks to herself while blinking slowly. 

It can't be fire, she doesn't see or smell any smoke. Her right hand presses against Angelina's back, being careful not to wake her up. The two other girls are asleep as well, so she knows it couldn't have been any of them who caused the noise. Before she leaves her comfortable bed, she takes a picture of them sleeping.

Her slippers clack against the floorboards as she walks downstairs. Worry settles in her eyes when she becomes aware of the backdoor being open. As she slides her hand across the door to close it, a cold hand presses against her back. Immediately her fight or flight response is triggered. Without even thinking, she turns around and throws a crisp right hook.

"Fuck! You hit like a grown man!"

Wait.. Jovonnie?! She covers her mouth with her now shaky hands. "What the hell did i tell you about sneaking up on me?! How did you even get in here i locked the door", she disables the blaring alarm system that he stupidly set off. He explains that he texted but she didn't respond so he just picked the lock on her front door. Vonnie literally has no common sense.

The bright pinkish red mark is still very visible from the punch. She silently opens the freezer door, grabbing an ice pack for him. "So what's uhhh going on?", he inquires with a confused expression on his face. She tilts her head, not knowing what he's referring to. He shakes his head while slightly laughing, pulling his phone out of his pocket and showing her the message from last night.

To sum it all up, she sent him a bunch of drunk texts - none were inappropriate, she just ended up drinking more than the rest of them did, and when they fell asleep she got bored. One of the texts consist of, "ykw fuck you. what if i waas dying n ur phone was on dnd", which makes him laugh just by rereading it out loud. They both plop down next to each other on the couch, her head rests on his shoulder.

"There's a party tonight so im inviting you and the rest of our friends", he insists that they all go because it'll be lively. Katiana also hadn't really been anywhere in a while so she's down for a party. Footsteps descend from the stairs, and they're surprised that he's here.

"Angel, i could use a healing spell right now, Kat just gave me a manly ass right hook about 20 minutes ago."

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
JUNE 4TH, 2024
5:45 PM

After they've all eaten, the rest of the group had left her house to get ready for the party. Katiana excitingly picks out an outfit as 'Black Beatles' by Rae Sremmurd plays in the background from her speaker.

Although it's an old song, it's still a bop.

Jovonnie had agreed to pick them up since he's the only one that knows where the location is. Once she had the perfect outfit, she went over to her vanity and sat down on the chair. She then grabbed her foundation, doing a full face of makeup like it's 2016.

By the time she's finished, it's already 7:07 PM. The party starts at 7:30. Her bracelets slide down her arms, and she puts on two necklaces. She takes a picture to post on Instagram before Chantelle texts her, letting her know that they're all outside waiting for her. Grabbing her high heels and her purse, she quickly rushes to the car.

"Oh my goddd y'all look so good!", she squeals while Vonnie covers his ears tightly. Jasmine is still unsure about even going, she's usually used to quiet environments and parties have never been her thing. But it's time she gets out of the house anyway.

"Just remember my one rule, i don't drink so please don't let anyone encourage me to do it", he laughs while putting the car in reverse, backing out of her driveway. After Jovonnie's incident in his senior year, he's never picked up another drink again. He promised to her and himself that he'd especially stay away from the pills.

A prayer replays in her mind over and over again, hoping that nothing bad happens at this party.