0:08

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
JUNE 9, 2024
10:14 AM

After a long session of Zayden venting to her about his nightmare, she had realized that he hadn't been completely honest about his childhood. Katiana had knew that his father had been hurting him, but she never knew that it would be that bad.

The chain of traumatic, scarring events even made her shed a tear for him.

He didn't want to reflect on it anymore. "I ain't mean to yell at you like that. I just..your physical touch had triggered me", he shamefully says. Without judgement or any words being said, she tells him that she understands how he had felt.

"I love you", he mumbled something that she didn't quite understand. Out of confusion, she tilts her head.

"I said, I love you Kat."

Her eyes sparkle as she recalls that that's the first time he's ever really said those words to her. Just as they were about to kiss, Jovonnie blows up her phone with back to back phone calls.

"Nigga what do you want? Calling my phone like that at this time in the morning, are you crazy?!", she speaks with an annoyed voice of tone. All she hears is distinct voices in the background, making her heart flutter.

"Bro, my car just got shot at."

JOVONNIE LEE

JUNE 9, 202410:47 AM

JUNE 9, 2024
10:47 AM

Cops interrogate him in the station for any possible reasons as to why someone would shoot at his car, but truthfully he didn't even know. Out of all the idiotic situations that Jovonnie had gotten himself into, he had never been shot at.

His parents are heard shouting at another officer, demanding that they find out who did this.

Luckily, none of the bullets hit him..but it did an incredible amount of damage to his car. Once they're done with the investigation, he's told to lay low for a while until they find the culprit, or culprits. A very distressed Katiana runs up to him, asking him if he's okay or if he's been hurt.

"I'm fine just shaken up", he dives in for a deep hug. Katiana embraces him in her arms as everyone else in the friend group is also questioned by cops. Zayden is seen pacing back and forth between the front desk and the seat that he was sitting on. His hands were shaky. It seemed as if he had known who did this.

"Do you know who did this to my car? Talk to me man", he shakes him back into reality, ending his dissociative state of mind. It couldn't have been anyone besides those guys from the party. Jovonnie did intervene in the heated moment by spraying them. The realization hits him hard.

They shouldn't be worried about him. They should be worried about Zayden.

"It was a warning. They're going to come back", he warns him to stay somewhere that nobody else would assume he would be staying at. Zayden's eyes drift over to Katiana, immediately resorting to staying with her.