7

"I've guessed Diluc told you about me..." Y/N said as she picks at the leftover on her plate.

"Of course. I'm sure he doesn't want to but when I came to visit one day, Diluc was holding a baby who looks like the exact carbon copy of him and I obviously need to know whatever the heck was going on. So he had no choice but to tell me."

Elzer brought a bottle of wine and Kaeya fetched two wine glasses, "Want some wine? I also heard you're quite the drinker yourself."

"I'm good... I feel pretty full from all that food so wine isn't really going to make my stomach any better."

Kaeya pops open the bottle and pours himself a glass before taking a sip from it, "Ahhh... That taste feels like finding water in a desert. I honestly couldn't hold myself back any longer. So much for Diluc for banning me from drinking wine with Leonard around."

"Why?"

Kaeya chuckles as he begins to recall the memory of that day, "Oh well, you see... I was fooling around with Leonard one day and I offer him some of the wine I was drinking as a joke. Diluc heard me and the next thing I know, I was grabbed by the collar and slammed onto the wall. Ever since that day, I'm no longer allowed to be seen with wine in front of Leonard or Diluc will threaten to beat me to a pulp."

"...."

Keaya laughs at her reaction, "It's alright. I won't give such a thing to Leonard at his age. Maybe when he's older I'll give him a taste of the finest wine here. And Diluc won't hurt me so you don't have to worry."

"That's not what I was thinking about."

"Oh? Then what were you thinking about?"

"Was Diluc... Always this caring for Leonard?"

Kaeya looked at her like she just asked the most stupidest question, "Why of course. Leonard is his son."

Kaeya sighed and took another sip of wine, "I understand that you felt ashamed about that night with Diluc. But just know that... I'm thankful to you for having Leonard."

"What?"

"Hear me out. Diluc and I never had the best relationship as brothers because of my personal issues but ever since Leonard enter his life, I was able to reconnect with Diluc. Leonard took a liking to me and I spend my days babysitting him whenever I'm free from work and Diluc decides to spend some time with me as well since I'm Leonard's favorite uncle."

He sighs and rest his face on his palm as he smiles bittersweetly into his glass, "Even if it was just all for Leonard's sake, I'm glad I'm able to talk to Diluc again. It felt like I'm finally back home after such a long time."

"Oh... I didn't know you and Diluc had such a complicated relationship."

"Pftttt! He has a complicated relationship with everyone. Maybe expect for Leonard. You know, Diluc was just like Leonard when we were younger. After losing our father, he became the person he is now. Leonard is much cuter than him though. Diluc wasn't that fun to play around with when we were little."

Keaya finishes his drink and set the glass aside, "So are you here to visit Leonard?"

Y/N nod her head, "I was forced against my will. Diluc is making me stay here for a week to spend time with Leonard. If I refuse, I'll have to pay for the expensive bill I gave myself at Angel's Share."

Kaeya burst out laughing and he quickly puts a hand over his mouth when he sees your glare, "Hahahaha... My apologies. I didn't know Diluc was that desperate to have you be a part of Leonard's life. Maybe I really was underestimating his ability as a father."