10

"Tighnari!" Cyno called out to him when he sees him enter the tavern, "Over here!"

"Hey guys," Tighnari walks over to sit at the table and pours himself a drink, "Seems like I'm the last to arrive to the party."

"Huh? What do you mean? We still have to wait for Y/N!" Kaveh said as he continues sketching his latest work.

"Oh, she's not coming. She's currently in Mondstadt and won't be back until next week."

Alhaitham stops reading his book and joins in on the conversation, "How come? Didn't you guys finish collecting your samples in Mondstadt?"

"Yep, I turned our report in to the Akademiya yesterday." Tighnari said as he took a sip from his cup, "I'm not sure how's she going to continue her research when she said she has some unfinished business to do in that region. I hope she does get her research done in time because I will be disappointed if I found out she didn't do any of her work."

"Unfinished business?? What- Tighnari. You're leaving out more questions."

"I'm getting there so hold your horses Alhaitham." Tighnari said as he rolled his eyes, "There's this bartender that she seems to know and apparently have a kid with? I couldn't believe what I heard and she told me to leave so she and that bartender could talk in private. And I wait at our inn for her to come back but she never did."

He paused and took another sip, "She came back the next day and told me to return to Sumeru to turn in our report since she had to stay in Mondstadt. She never went into details on what "business" she has there but I have a hunch that it has something to do with that bartender. I have a feeling he's holding her against her will there since she doesn't seem to be friendly with him. I also told her to write to me or any of us if she ever found herself in trouble with that guy."

"Seems to me that the bartender might be holding her hostage there." Cyno said as he shuffled his Genius Invokation TCG cards, "But if she does let us know that the bartender is doing harm to her, I'll volunteer to head over and bring her back even if I have to "force" that bartender to."

"The thing is... I don't know where she's staying." Tighnari said as he sighed in frustration, "We both checked out of our inn that day so she must be at that bartender's place. She didn't let me know the address so writing a letter to her is near impossible."

"Well, I think I have an idea of who this bartender guy might be." Alhaitham said, "Tell me Tighnari. What does that man look like?"

"He has long red hair and eyes. He seems to always wear a grumpy and serious face as well. Definitely not the kind of person you wanna hang around with."

"Long red hair and eyes..."

That description along was already enough for Alhaitham to know who this man could be. It was the father of Y/N's child.

"I wouldn't worry too much about her then." Alhaitham said as he sits back and took sips from his drink, "That bartender is possibly the father of Y/N's son."

"Son? What do you mean?" Tighnari rubbed his temple, "Now you're the one who's leaving out more questions Alhaitham."

"I don't really like to tell her business to anyone but since we're all looking out for her, I think it's important that you should know." Alhaitham nods towards Kaveh, who's still deeply in focus on his work, "Only me and Kaveh knows that Y/N had an illegitimate son with a man in Mondstadt. The features of the bartender you described are similar to that of her child."