CHAPTER ELEVEN; formality

| y/n's pov |

I STOOD WITH Scott and Stiles at the end of the hallway watching Jackson talking with Allison about the winter formal that was the next night.

Basically Scott had threatened Jackson to make sure he still took Allison to the dance and now we were watching to make sure he kept up with his side of the deal.

We could see Jackson chuckling awkwardly as he glanced back at us.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll still be there." Stiles said to Scott.

"Yeah, me too." I nodded.

"I'm still going." Scott stated as Jackson and Allison walked off.

"Is that such a good idea?" Stiles asked. "Do you even have a date?"

"Not that you need one, Scott." I pat his arm.

"I don't yet." Scott admitted.

"Do you have a suit?" Was Stiles' next question.

"Not yet."

"Do you have a ticket to the formal? A ride there?" Stiles interrogated.

"No. And no." Scott turned around to face us.

"So, you're gonna ride your bike to a dance that you're not even allowed to go to without a date, a suit, or a way in, with werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick your little werewolf ass."

"Yeah." Scott nodded with a smile. "You guys gonna help me?"

"Hell, yeah." Stiles put his arm over Scott's shoulder and I sighed.

"Sure, why not." I said and Scott smiled wider.

---

THAT AFTERNOON WAS when I decided to go dress shopping. Very late, I'll admit, but with werewolf stuff, lacrosse and working at my uncle's store, I had very little time to go out shopping.

And when I spotted Stiles in the Macy's, I was extremely confused.

"Stiles?" I approached him and he jumped before settling when he realised it was just me. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Y/N! Hey!" He grinned then glanced over at the escalator. "I'm just waiting."

"For...?"

"Allison. And Lydia." He had this big smile on his face that I don't think anything could wipe off.

"Why?"

"Oh, my God, okay, so Allison's getting Lydia to be my date to the formal." He laughed. "How totally awesome is that?"

Inside, I felt everything crashing and burning, but on the outside I smiled at him.

"That's great, Stiles." Then I gestured over to the dress wracks. "Well, I'm gonna go back to dress shopping. See you later."

"See ya."

Once I turned around, my smile dropped immediately and my motivation to buy a dress had diminished. But I knew if I didn't buy a dress and didn't go to the formal, I would regret it, so I pushed myself through it.

Examining some dresses for long lengths of time, while some were immediate skips, eventually I found a dress I decided I wanted.