CHAPTER TWO; second chance at first line

| y/n's pov |

STILES HAD DROPPED me off home after went to Allison's and found her at home safe. I wanted to stay and help find Scott, but my uncle was very strict with his curfew.

At lacrosse practice the next day I got to the field before Scott and Stiles.

Coach blew his whistle. "Let's go! One-on-ones from up top. Jackson, take a long stick, today. Attaboy."

I then watched as Jackson annihilated every single guy on the team who tried to score.

"Jesus, does the guy ever take a break." Isaac, number 14, mumbled to me as he walked back over to the line after being body-slammed by Jackson.

"Never." I replied and Isaac shook his head, a small smile pulling on his lips while he rubbed his shoulder.

"That's how you do it, Jackson. That's how you do it." Coach praised his little 'star player' as he basically threw Greenberg onto the ground. "Greenberg, take a lap. Let's go."

Greenberg started running and Coach blew his whistle again.

"Faster, Greenberg!"

I hadn't even noticed Scott standing in front of me until Coach said his name.

"Let's go. McCall, what are you waiting for? Let's go."

Scott started running slowly right in Jackson's direction and practically let the guy send him flying.

"Hey, McCall. Hey, McCall!" Coach started heading over to Scott, who was on the ground, and laughed. Coach crouched next to Scott after he stood up. "My grandmother can move faster than that and she's dead!"

Whatever Coach said next was too quiet for us to hear, but I could tell something was up with Scott.

Scott started jogging to the front of the line and Coach yelled out, "McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again!"

He stopped in front of me and after Coach's whistle went off, he ran at Jackson with full speed. Scott made an impact with Jackson's shoulder and sent him flying to the dirt. Scott's hands then grabbed at his head and he dropped to his knees.

I looked back down the line until I spotted Stiles, who was already heading closer to the front.

While everyone else was distracted by Jackson, we ran over to Scott.

"Scott?" Stiles wrapped one arm around Scott's back.

"I can't control it, Stiles. It's happening." Scott groaned and Stiles' eyes went wide.

"What? Right here? Now?" Stiles questioned and I hurried forward, helping Scott up.

"Doesn't matter, Stiles. Just get him up."

We managed to get Scott to the boys locker room pretty quickly.

"Come on, here we go."

"Sit down. You okay?" Stiles asked.

"Scott, are you okay?" I repeated Stiles' words.

"Get away from me!" Scott yelled -- roared -- as his eyes glowed yellow.

Stiles and I both jumped back, instinctively, and hurried past the lockers further into the room.

Then Scott, on all fours, jumped up on top of the row of lockers we had been standing behind and growled at us.

Staring up at the ceiling Scott recently decided to inhabit, I grabbed ahold of Stiles' hand and dragged him back over to the doorway while Scott roared down at us.