CHAPTER EIGHT; lunatic

| y/n's pov |

"WHAT ARE YOU doing down there?" I asked after finding Stiles sitting in one of the school hallways with his bag brought to his chest.

"Waiting." He mumbled before patting the spot on the ground beside him for me.

"For what?" I sat down beside him and he turned his head a little.

"My dad." He gestured to the main office beside us. "He's in there."

And only a minute later Sheriff Stilinski walked out of the office with a deputy and some men in suits.

"Give me a second, please." Stilinski said to the men with him as Stiles and I stood up. He crossed his arms as he approached the two of us and leaned close. "Don't the two of you have a test to get to?"

"What's going on? Did you find Derek yet?" Stiles quickly questioned his father.

"I'm working on it. You go take your test." Sheriff Stilinski ordered.

"All right, Dad, listen to me."

"Go!"

"This is really important. You have to be careful tonight, okay?" Stiles warned his dad. That night was a full moon. "Especially tonight."

"Stiles, I'm always careful." Stilinski told him.

"Dad, you've never dealt with this kind of thing before, okay?" Stiles pointed out and I looked at him. Doing his best to protect everyone else, as per usual. "At least not like this."

"I know, which is why I brought in people who have. State detective." Stilinski then looked Stiles in the eyes. "Go take your test."

Stiles opened his mouth to talk, then closed it. I grabbed onto his hand and pulled him along with me.

"Come on, let's go find that asshole, Harris." I said, which earned a smile on Stiles' face. Just what I needed.

Once we found our seats, directly next to each other, Harris started handing out tests.

Scott walked in and stopped in front of Allison's desk before being told to sit down. So he sat down in front of Stiles, who was next to me.

"You have 45 minutes to complete the test." Harris explained and my finger brushed against those pencil that sat on my desk. I had studied hard and I wasn't going to risk failing this class. "25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book."

I watched as Stiles scribbled his name onto his test, and wondered how he had managed to make it this far in life.

"However, as happens every year," Harris continued. "One of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher."

I question that constantly. Why would he choose to be a teacher if he hates children and everything else on this planet.

"So let's get the disappointment over with." Harris lifted the stopwatch style timer in his hand and started it. "Begin."

And I started to breeze through the questions because it started with multiple choice and I found it almost obvious which choice was the correct answer. And I wasn't even second guessing myself, I trusted my ability.