CHAPTER THREE; pack mentality

| y/n's pov |

"SO, YOU KILLED her?" Stiles asked Scott as the three of us walked into the school building. Scott had just told us about the dream he had the night before.

"I don't know." Scott shrugged. "I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently."

"Shut up, Stiles."

"A, I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B, never give me that much detail about you in bed again." Scott made a face at Stiles.

"Noted. Let me take a guess here, though--" Stiles was cut off by Scott.

"No, I know. You think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow. Like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"No, of course not." Scott and I both stared at Stiles. "Yeah, that's totally it."

"Hey, Scott, come on." I noticed he was looking down. "It's gonna be fine."

"Yeah, personally I think you're handling this pretty freaking amazingly." Stiles added. "You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take."

"Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher." Scott said.

"Who, Derek?" Stiles hit Scott on the back of the head. "You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"Yeah, I know," Scott snapped back. "But chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real."

"How real?" I asked.

"Like it actually happened." Was Scott's answer.

The three of us headed out the doors on the opposite side of the building, near the parking lot, when we all stopped.

One of the school busses was covered in blood, the back door was torn off, and police tape lined it. I saw Stiles' dad not too far away talking with a woman while other police officers took pictures of the destruction.

"I think it did."

Scott turned on his heel and hurried back into the building, pulling out his phone frantically.

"She's probably fine." Stiles insisted as we followed Scott down the hallway.

"She's not answering my texts, Stiles." Scott panicked.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence." I suggested. "You know, maybe she turned her phone off at the worst possible time."

"Just help me find her. Do you see her?"

"No." Stiles groaned as Scott's pace picked up.

Eventually he left us in the middle of the hallway and turned a corner. I couldn't see him anymore, and neither could Stiles because he was looking around the hallway, spinning.

"Scott?"

---

"MAYBE IT WAS my blood on the door." Scott theorized. He found Allison. She was alive and at school.

"Could have been animal blood." Stiles suggested. "You know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something."

"And did what?"

"Ate it."

"Raw?"

"No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven. I don't know, you're the one who can't remember anything."