Part 9

INT. MAYA'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Maya lies in bed, the soft glow of the moon casting shadows across her room. Sleep eludes her as her thoughts continue to revolve around the events in the art room with Riordan. The anticipation of what the next day at school might bring keeps her wide awake.

MAYA: (Whispering to herself) I can't believe it happened. What does this mean?

The excitement and uncertainty of her newfound feelings for Riordan fill Maya's mind, making it impossible for her to settle into a peaceful slumber. Each passing moment feels like an eternity as she eagerly anticipates the approaching day.

The clock on her bedside table ticks away, marking the passing hours, but Maya's restless thoughts keep her awake. Tomorrow at school holds the promise of answers, and the dawn becomes a beacon of hope for Maya, signaling the beginning of a day that might bring clarity to the emotions swirling within her.

As Maya lies in bed, her mind buzzing with thoughts of Riordan, a sudden realization washes over her.

MAYA: (Softly) Wait... tomorrow's Saturday. School's off.

The excitement that had been building within her starts to wane, replaced by a twinge of disappointment. The prospect of not seeing Riordan the next day dampens her spirits. Maya's room, once filled with the glow of anticipation, now feels a bit dimmer.

MAYA: (Sighing) I'll have to wait until Monday.

With that acknowledgment, Maya tries to settle into a more restful state, knowing that the weekend will stretch before her without the usual interactions at school. The promise of Monday becomes a beacon of hope once again, and she drifts off to sleep, her dreams filled with the vibrant colors of the art room and the echoes of a stolen kiss.

INT. SCHOOL - MONDAY MORNING

The school corridor buzzes with the energy of students rushing to their classes as Monday morning unfolds. Maya, filled with a mix of excitement and nervous anticipation, navigates through the crowd. The echo of the weekend's events resonates in her mind, and she can't help but wonder about the upcoming encounters with Riordan.

Maya notice that Riordan didn't came to the school which surprised her. Her entire day she was thinking about Riordan

Maya catches sight of Riordan in the distance, and her heart quickens. Maya's heart skips a beat as she saw Riordan. However, before she can approach him, Riordan passes by, seemingly immersed in his own thoughts.

Maya's heart sinks a little, and a brief moment of disappointment washes over her. She watches him continue down the corridor, unable to muster the courage to call out to him. The ebb and flow of students around them create a temporary barrier, and Maya stands there, conflicted between the desire to talk to him and the uncertainty of the moment.

INT. SCHOOL- LATER

Maya found Riordan in the staff room and asked if she could talk to him privately. He agreed and they went to the school rooftop. Maya took a deep breath and said.

Maya: (Smiling) I need to talk to you about what happened in the art room.

Riordan looked at her with a serious expression, 

Riordan: (Guilt) I know. And I'm sorry, Maya. I shouldn't have kissed you. It was inappropriate and I regret it.

Maya's heart sank. She had hoped that he would reciprocate her feelings. She wasn't ready to understand  that he doesn't feel what she feel for him.