The Unforgiven Act

-August 28th, 2020-

"Come on! I'll race you to the water!"

"Oh come on! Why do you run so fast?" 

It was junior year. Summer before Senior year at East High School.  The 4 kids raced each other into the lake, just as the sun had lit up the sky just light enough to see. They had come running from a party, desperate to escape the place. None of them were big party animals. Well, most of them. Gina Porter. She was the crazy one of the group and she still decided to run off with her friends.

Let's go over the group of these "kids" I'm talking about. Gina. Crazy, funny, means well. She's popular, just like her boyfriend, EJ. EJ Caswell. He's popular and about as close as you could get to a young army-hammer. He plays football and is known to be one of the best-looking guys in school. He met the group in 2nd grade when he moved from shiny bright Beverly Hills. And then there was Ricky Bowen. His parents were divorced and he kind of lost it after that. Mentally. He could be funny, sweet, witty, but he would never hurt a soul. He met the two girls in kindergarten. And now, that brings us to Nina. Better known as Nini. Nini is light-hearted, kind, and funny, but she can be shy. Her biggest dream is to pursue music. She and Ricky met on the first day of kindergarten, and he couldn't say her name so he called her Nini. The two have been dating for 3 months, and couldn't be happier.

"Well, maybe you should speed up, Nina!" Gina yelled back to Nini, who was struggling to keep up with her group. Once they had all run into the waves, they began to laugh, splashing each other with water. 

When they got out, EJ, Ricky, and Gina all dried off and went to lay on the dock to watch the stars disappear, and the sunrise. Nini stayed wrapped up in her towel, sitting on a dried log, picking at her hangnails. She smiled faintly at the sight of her friends and looked back down at her nails. She felt off all night. She heard a noise coming from the woods behind her, and she turned around to see someone around her age.

"Who are you?" She asked standing and backing up.

"I'm on the swim team. You remember me?" She had been on the swim team last year. Not caring who was on her team. Especially the boy's team.

"No? Not that I know of."

"Oh come on! I know you! Nina, right?"

"How do you know my name?" She continued backing up, scared of the person.

"You forgot about me?" They scoffed. "You don't remember?" She shook her head. "Look. Come with me. I have a picture of us from last year's region's comp."  The person held out their hand and she took it, being dragged into the woods.

-on the dock-

"Hey, where'd Nini go?" Ricky asked Gina.

"Oh, she said she might be going home. She's fine." Ricky nodded still feeling uncertain.

Nini followed the boy into the woods until they reached an open spot.

"So where is the picture-"

-the dock-

Screams were heard from the woods. They were Nini's. Ricky shot up and ran into the woods. When he found her, she was lying on the ground bleeding. She had been repetitively stabbed 12 times in the back.

-END OF PART ONE: FLASHBACK-