Prologue

Prologue

               Walking slowly, simply strolling through life. Day after boring day I wake up with the same empty expectations, the same nothingness. To say the least, I have yet to find the reason I was put on this earth. I do believe there is a reason. It may not be to save the world but we were all put here with a purpose. Our seemingly pointless lives do have a point.

Being a teenager is hard, although hard is not quite the rite word to describe what we go through. It's the time in a person's life when everything and everyone changes. It seems as though the weight of the world rests on our shoulders and our shoulders alone as decisions on top of decisions pile up to the breaking point.

The small and the large decisions, the meaningless and the crucial, any and every one of them can and will change our lives forever; still we are forced to make them and deal with any of the consequences that may come.

Life isn't fair. Those who say so are liars, lying to themselves or lying to others, either way what they say is far from the truth.

If life were fair there wouldn't be millions of children starving in third world countries, while we throw away our leftovers. If life was fair, children would be able to go out and play on the street without giving their parents any reason to fear. If life was fair our mistaken, misguided decisions wouldn't have consequences and everyone would get a second chance. But it’s not and we don't.