Chapter five

Comments would be greatly appreaciated!!

THANKS A MILLION FOR READING

Chapter Five

Kyler's P.O.V.

I heard her footsteps fade into the distance and slowly peeked over my shoulder to make sure the cost was clear. I sighed when I found the hallway empty. I looked down and saw the food she left me and smiled.

I decided I would eat it later and quickly put it into my backpack. I jumped up, pulling my hood closer to my chin, cursing the school for making it against the rule to where hats and hoods, and exited the hall.

I automatically tensed at the site of so many people, milling around, laughing and interacting with each other, it made me sick to my stomach and if I was a sissy I would probably cry, but lucky for me my life had made it impossible for me to be a sissy and I hadn't cried since I was eleven.

I made my way to class silently, hugging the walls, travelling the most deserted hallways possible and avoiding all forms off human contact

.

I arrived at class at the perfect time, it was about half full and there was still a fairly steady steam off students flowing through the door, allowing me to melt and disappear into the crowd without attracting any excess attention.

I entered the room, walked along the perimeter of the class and sank down in a desk as far back as I could get.

The teacher came in and began handing out assignments that we handed in the day before. When he got to me he handed me mine and murmured a "good job" before moving on to the next student. I, of course, didn't say anything, lift my head or move in anyway.

Once he was gone I glanced down at my sheet only to see 100% written at the top. This didn't surprise me seeming's as my average was 97%. I pushed it aside and leaned back to listen to the rest of the lecture.

*****************************************************

The final bell rang and everyone, including the teacher, rushed out the door, eager to start their weekend.

I, being not so exited about leaving the school, sat there waiting for the halls to clear and started doing the all the homework that was assigned for the weekend, knowing I wouldn't have time to do it at home.

After about ten minutes I had all three subjects finished and the halls were fairly empty so I packed up my bag, placed the homework on the teacher's desk and made my way out of the school.

*****************************************************

I sighed heavily before pasting on a fake smile and entering the run-down daycare. I was greeted by the smell of cookies, the loud screaming of multiple children and an ever-smiling Maggie.

The fake smile quickly melted off my face and was replaced by a real one when the small head of my four year old sister Terri popped around the corner.

"KY KY!" she screamed as she ran up and jumped into my open arms, giving me a big bear hug.

"Hi Terri bear," I responded, hugging her back. I placed her gently on the ground, telling her to find her coat and shoes; I then wandered further into the daycare, searching for a little blonde head. I laughed a little when I spotted it peeking out of a large toy box in the back of the room.

"What are you doing in there Harley?" I asked as he smiled his cute dimpled smile at me.

I reached down and picked him up, launching him over my head and caching him on the way down, tickling him. His musical laugh filled the room, making me smile.