Chapter Six

As always, comments would be grealy appreciated if its not to much trouble...

THANX A MILLION FOR READING!!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Six

At 4:00am Dana stumbled in, slightly drunk with her sober room mate trailing behind her. Although it was late, they both decided they weren't ready to go to bed and that they wanted to watch TV so I had to stay up with them for another hour since I was sleeping on the pull out couch in front of the TV.

They finally decided they were tired and went downstairs to bed and I fell asleep quickly after that.

****************************************************

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I blinked rapidly when the bright light hit me. I squinted and pressing my head back into the pillow. It was then that I realised two things,

One-something was breathing on my face.

Two- something else was laying on my back.

I looked to my right only to have spike immediately lick my face. I groaned and wiped it off, flipping onto my back and hearing a distressed meow coming from underneath me.

I quickly sat up and shifted over, revealing a very angry looking cat.

I laughed, "Sorry Titan," I scratched under his chin, causing him to purr, all past aggravation forgotten.

I stood up and stretched, looking at the clock only to find that it was past noon. I wandered over to the table and found a note.

Stella,

I got called out, should be back around two.

I didn't get a chance to take spike out could You?

That would be great!

Thanks

Dana :)

I sighed and got dressed, throwing on some sweats and a T-shirt, calling spike and walking to the door. He followed my eagerly and soon enough we were on our way.

I found myself on the same street that I saw Kyler the previous day and I decided to walk the way I saw them leave when we parted ways.

I wandered down the road, taking in the condition of the shabby, rundown, sorry excuses for houses that looked increasingly worse the further I went.

The sidewalks were cracked and falling out from under my feat, there were broken fences and windows and garbage littered the ground.

I moved at a fairly slow pace as I studied my surroundings carefully. I looked to my right and there was a small, single story house with peeling beige paint and shingles falling off the roof. The front window was cracked and repaired with duct tape and ratty towels were hung to block out the light.

I was turning my head to look at the other side of the street when I saw one of the towels twitch, I thought nothing of it until I heard locks clicking and the front door flew open, creaking loudly in protest, and out came Terri.

"SPIKE!" she yelled, running towards me, her shining brown curls bouncing up and down.

I smiled slightly then frowned, she seemed to remember I was there because she looked up at me and smiled brightly, showing one cute little dimple.

"Hello Stella, how are you?" she asked, polite as ever.

"I'm good, but are you supposed to run out of the house like that? Does someone know where you are?" I asked, becoming slightly worried. Her answer was cut off by someone yelling her name franticly.