Chapter 7

It was already afternoon when Enadira walked in for transfiguration class today. It was crazy in the early morning—a lot involving Gilderoy Lockhart, and apparently Harry had a new 'friend', Colin. Apparently, whenever Lockhart appeared, Harry would walk in the opposite direction, and Colin seemed to know all of Harry's schedule. Also, according to Ron, Hermione added little hearts all over Lockhart's schedule for DaDa, which Enadira found amusing. "I never even did that for Severus's schedule for potions," she thought as she sat down in her seat next to Hermione.

Enadira sees Harry and Ron walking together and takes their seats in front of them. Harry and Ron sighed. "What's wrong with you two?" Enadira asked. "Colin found Harry and asked a lot of questions; I swear if he and my sister came together, all invites to the Harry Potter fan club!" Ron said it with a deep exhale. Enadira laughed as Harry quickly shushed him. "If that exists, Professor Lockhart will join immediately," he said.

"A Harry Potter fan club! ha! Who would join with a loser?" Draco smirked as Crab and Goyle chuckled with him. Enadira looked across "And who asked for your opinion?" she asked. Before Draco could respond, Professor McGonagall arrived for class to begin. "Good afternoon, students," she said as everyone responded back. "Now today marks a new year of everything you have all learned in the previous year," she said.

"So could I have your attention, please? Today we will be transforming animals into water goblets," Professor McGonagall said. Everyone had an intriguing expression. "Like so," she said as she took out her wand and pointed it at a toucan. She gently tapped with each count. "One, two, three, vera verto," she said as she moved her wand gently. Then suddenly, the toucan transformed into a beautiful water goblet. Everyone gasped as they were amazed.

"Oh wow, that's impressive," Enadira said aloud, to which McGonagall softly smiled. "Why don't you try, Ms. Cromwell?" she said. All eyes were on Enadira as she took out her wand and pointed at her owl, Odette. She gently tapped three times, "Vera verto," and Odette now became a water goblet. Everyone gasped in awe. "Well done; five points to Gryffindor," she said. "Ah, Mr. Weasley, you take a go," McGonagall said as she walked toward him.

She presented the example with her wand again. "One, two, three, Vera Verto," she said. Ron took out his broken wand, which he wrapped with tape, and cleared his throat. He tapped his wand three times on his pet rat, Scabbers. "Vera verto!" Ron said, and Scabbers turned into a water goblet, but his had a tail still. Everyone was laughing as Ron picked up Scabbers the water goblet as it squeaked. "That wand needs fixing, Mr. Weasley," she said, pointing with her wand.

Hermione raised her hand. "Yes, Ms. Granger?" McGonagall asked. "Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the chamber of secrets," she said, and everyone began to murmur. Enadira glanced at Hermione and then McGonagall. Supposedly, after the bloody wall incident, everyone was so curious about the chamber that even the book 'Hogwarts History' was on a wait list in the library. Everyone was now staring at Professor McGonagall, as she could tell everyone was curious because nobody knew what it was.

"Very well," she said, and everyone leaned in to hear her. "You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded about a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of all time: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin," Professor McGonagall said. "Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously; one did not," she said. "Three guesses who?" Ron stated the obvious, and McGonagall nodded her head. "Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts; he believed magical learning should be kept within all magical families," she explained as she walked around the room now.

"In other words, purebloods," McGonagall said, and Enadira noticed that Hermione glanced at Draco as he glanced with a sneering smirk. "Unable to sway others, he decided to leave the school," McGonagall said. "Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a chamber in this castle, known as the chamber of secrets," she said. "Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it...until that time when his own true heir returned to school," she explained. Everyone started to get deeply interested in this 'Heir'.