Chapter 3

"Where on earth are Harry and Ron?" Hermione asked Enadira as they were in the grand hall enjoying dinner. "I have no idea," Enadira said as she shrugged and took a bite of her dish. After the girls entered the train, they realized the boys hadn't met up with them. Then, when they finally made it to Hogwarts, they still didn't see them. And now everyone is enjoying their dinner, but they still aren't here.

As Hermione ponders where the boys are, Enadira catches a certain professor's eye. Enadira returned a small smile to Snape, but his eyes casually drifted somewhere else. "Hmm, I guess he still believes it's weird that I want to be his friend," Enadira thought as she finished eating. "We'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see them," Hermione said. "Right," Enadira said, rather off.

"Enadira, are you okay?" Hermione asked, noticing her mood. "Huh? Oh, I'm fine," Enadira said quickly. "Just a bit worried too; I'm sure you're right," she said, to which Hermione simply gave a nod. "Goodness, I keep looking in his direction; I better stop now," Enadira thought. It had been a whole summer, and now she finally gets to see Snape again, only to realize nothing has changed. Enadira finished her dish early and decided to head off by herself.

"I'll see you later, then? I'm a bit rather tired," Enadira said to Hermione as she stood up. "Alright, see you tomorrow." Hermione waved as Enadira walked away. As Enadira walked out of the grand hall, heading toward the grand staircase, she saw Snape in the opposite direction. "Professor Snape," Enadira said, and he slowly turned around. "Ms. Cromwell," he said. A few students passed between them, and they were finally alone. "Hello, Snape," Enadira said with a soft smile. "What are you doing?" Snape asked with his brow raised.

"I'm saying hello to my friend," she said with her arms crossed. "Cromwell I already told you we are not friends," Snape said a bit quickly, not realizing he was saying her last name. "Oh, calling me Cromwell, are we? hmm?" Enadira said with a chuckle at Snape's serious expression of annoyance. "Don't make me give you a detention," he said. "If I was, we'd get to know more about each other," she said. "I suggest you go to your dorm now; we don't want anyone to get any ideas," Snape said. "Right, well, good night, Snape," Enadira said, heading upstairs. "Goodnight, Cromwell," Snape muttered so she wouldn't hear him.

Enadira made it to her dorm, and as she was about to enter, the fat lady responded, "Password?" Enadira blinked. "I don't know the password," she thought to herself. Thankfully, Neville appeared. "Wattlebird," he said, and the door opened. "Oh, thanks, Neville; I'll be sure to remember that," she said as they entered. "No problem, Enadira; have a nice night," he said, going straight into the boys side.

Enadira looked around the Gryffindor room and smiled. "I'm back home, and the place hasn't changed at all," she thought, heading straight toward the girls side. As she makes it, she sees the same girls from last year and sees Hermione already in her pajamas, reading. Hermione looks up. "Where have you been? We were wondering where you were," she said. "Oh, I got a bit sidetracked, is all," Enadira said as she walked toward her bed. On her mattress were her pajamas, and all of her things were in order. "Wait, who?" Enadira asked Hermione. "Pavarti and lavender," she said.

"Oh," Enadira said. "Oh, and we also have a new member, Ginny," Hermione adds. "I was at the sorting hat, I know," she said, and Hermione didn't hear her as she was very focused on her book. Enadira sighed and started to take off her clothes to change into her pajamas. She decided to draw the Gryffindor sigil in her sketch book. As time flew by, Enadira decided to take a quick stroll before going to bed, despite the rules saying not to go out after dark.

Enadira exhaled as she got out of bed and snuck out. As she was already around the stairs, she heard the voices of two boys. "So a house elf shows up in my room; we can't go through the barrier of Platform 93/4 quarters; we almost get killed by a tree; clearly someone doesn't want me here," Harry said to Ron as they went up. "Well, if it isn't the two troublemakers," Enadira said as she crossed her arms. Both boys looked up. "Enadira," they both said.