𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘧𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 (𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘭)

⚠️⚠️ MAJORR season 5 spoilers!! this takes place a little bit after season 5 when carmen announces she is expecting another baby

⚠️⚠️ MAJORR season 5 spoilers!! this takes place a little bit after season 5 when carmen announces she is expecting another baby. hopefully we get to see the baby in season 6 but you never know.

ALSO MIGUEL IS OLDER IN THIS STORY!! according to the timeline of the story he's supposed to be like 17/18 or something but i'm aging him up to be more age appropriate for baby talk <3

and robby isn't in this story bc i forgot to write him in (oops lolz) BUTTT tell me if you want the same premise but with robby or any other character.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

a few months ago miguel's mom, carmen, announced she was having a baby with sensei lawrence. it's crazy to me how he was ready to be a dad at all but he really made he commitment with the baby, he redecorated his entire apartment and started dressing differently. he started taking care of himself. i felt a little bad for robby when he found out but he seemed fine, i just wish that johnny was there for robby like he was there for the new baby.

miguel, my boyfriend, found out a little bit before me and when he got the news, he was ecstatic. he could have never been happier, he had always wanted a brother. well, half brother in this case. and when he had told me, i celebrated with him and bought him and carmen a mini cake to celebrate with. i bought the baby so many clothes, gender neutral of course, since i didn't know the sex of the baby yet. i bought him/her so many toys, accessories, furniture. carmen had insisted that she bought them herself but i just wanted to be as supportive as i could, since i knew how overwhelming it can be during this stage. i had even knitted my own blanket for them, and added a little tag that had said "from y/n, your favorite person." obviously that wouldn't ever be true but you never know.

carmen is currently in her 3rd trimester and i couldn't be more excited. she had her baby shower recently and i bought so many books and diapers for the kid. during the party i begged for her to tell me what the gender was but she had kept quiet and wasn't going to reveal it until the baby was born. not even johnny new which i thought was a little evil but it's her choice.

that was a few days ago, but right now miguel and i are sat in front of carmen playing various songs for the baby such as nicki manaj, tyler the creator, and ariana grande. carmen wanted us to play classical music but that's boring and obviously wouldn't get a response so we played faster more extreme music so the baby would kick a little.

i turned on little freak by harry styles and played it through the headphones that were currently on carmen's stomach. i hummed along quietly waiting for the baby to kick. but instead, carmen started groaning in pain and threw the headphones off. she was clearly having contractions, and we needed her to get to the hospital as soon as we could.

i was in the front seat driving, while miguel and carmen were in the backseat. she was doing breathing exercises and various stretches which her doctor told her to do if the contractions ever started. miguel was on the phone with lawrence and other family members and friends to inform them we were driving to the hospital and to get there as soon as they could.

"man i really hope it's a girl!!" i exclaim, hoping to take carmen's mind off of the baby but she ignores me and focuses on her breathing. i tisk, trying to make it seem like im annoyed but im obviously understanding of what's happening now.

-

miguel and i are in the waiting room. obviously i think he should be there with his mom but he had gotten too grossed out he had to leave, and i don't think i was close enough with carmen to be able to see all that. miguel had passed out halfway through the labor and needed to be escorted out the room. he's sat in a ball on the floor trying to control his breathing and not throw up everywhere. if he does he's surrounded by doctors so he'll be fine.

i'm sat criss cross on the counter of the main desk, texting on my phone. the secretary keeps telling me to get off but i wait until she goes on her lunch break to sneak back on. i steal a mint from behind the desk and pop it in my mouth. i also steal a little bottle of pepto-bismol and throw it to miguel. he doesn't catch it and it hits him right in the stomach. i giggle to myself for a second before realizing i could've made him barf and i immediately stop laughing.

"you know miguel," i start, waiting to get his attention and start a conversation. "for my whole life i thought babies were ugly or weird or boring and i had never even thought about having a baby." that had gotten his attention and he sat up a little bit, still weary about his sickness.

"but after carmen announced she was expecting i could have not been farther from the truth. seeing the ultra sound pictures and going shopping for baby clothes has got me thinking," i continue talking. i drag on my sentences because i was scared to tell him what i really feel.

"what have you been thinking about?" he questions, his curiosity has gotten the best of him and is fully sat up on the chair.

"i just, i wish all those clothes i picked out and the blankets i knitted where.. where for my baby." i trail off for those last few words, scared to see his reaction. "for.. our baby."

i wait to see his reaction but he never changes his expression. he gets up and walks over to me, placing his hands on my cheeks and quickly pressing our lips together. i melt into the kiss. our normal kisses are what you expect, they're normal. but this one was sweeter, more tender and genuine. full of love and happiness. he disconnects our lips and looks up into my eyes.

"are you sure?" he croaked out, full of emotion. i grin and shake my head slightly. he smiles back and continues. "i've been thinking about that too honestly. i didn't want to bring it up since you would be the one actually carrying the baby but im glad you feel the same."

i smile at him staring into his chestnut brown eyes. his hands move from my cheeks to my thighs and gives me a quick peck on the lips and on my forehead. while we are preoccupied in our own world, the doors to the back slam open and johnny runs out screaming to everyone in the lobby.

"it's a girl!" he exclaims in a singsong and orotund voice. the people in the lobby are either visitors or sick patients but a few people clap for him and the energy is bleak. however miguel and i scream loudly and cheer. i jump off the counter and into miguel's hands. johnny motions for us to come into the back and we run behind him, following him into the room that carmen is in.

he shushes us before we enter the room as the baby is probably asleep, but if i new anything about childbirth its that the mom falls asleep even quicker than the baby (a/n: don't look that up i actually don't know if that's true or not). i silently enter the room with the baby in a bed next to carmen, both sound asleep. miguel and i walk over to the baby and stare at her for the first time. she opens her eyes and her beautiful eyes are shown to us.

"look miguel, she has the same eye color as you!" i quietly gushed to him, pointing to her. i look at up miguel and while he doesn't look back up at me, i see the love in his eyes as he looks at the newborn.

"she has your smile," he added. my eyebrows scrunch and i look at the baby. she does, but that doesn't make sny sense, you know, genetically.

"miguel that's not even possible," i pointed out.

"doesn't even matter. her smile just reminds me of you." he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

i feel the blood rush into my face. he still makes me feel like a little kid when he says and does things like that. he's definitely the one i want to spend the rest of my life with.