𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 (𝘩𝘢𝘸𝘬)

ੈ✩‧₊˚

ੈ✩‧₊˚

being friends with eli and demetri ever since we sat at the same 6th grade math table was actually the best. i had never had a boy best friend before, let alone two that i could really be honest with. and honest meaning honest. about everything under the sun, and we promised to never judge each other for what we said in confidence. even though i usually hated it when people did this without asking, i loved hearing their opinions on things. getting to hear the other gender's side of the situation was amazing, so i could get a glimpse into men's mind. especially for crushes was it very helpful.

but after eli turned all hard-ass with the red mohawk and unearned confidence, things went downhill. demetri stopped talking to me as well, distancing himself from everyone, so i was left with no one else to cling onto, which made me an easy target for bullying by kyler and his friends. i got bullied everyday, even more so then before since hawk joined their group and projected his insecurities onto other people.

i couldn't stand up for myself because hawk would just embarrass me even more. i just wished i could punch them all in their teeth, but obviously i would be expelled so i keep all my feelings inside.

i was getting my books out of my locker about to head to my next class across the campus. when i had put my bag away and grabbed my books i slammed my locker closed and started walking away when i heard a familiar deep confident voice coming from behind me that i could recognize anywhere.

"where are you going, princess?" he always called me princess even if it didn't mean anything to either of us. it was sort of an inside joke between the three of us, me calling them princess mire than they did me. but using our past jokes to ridicule and old best friend was something i never thought hawk would stoop so low to.

i sigh and turn on my heels to face him. i was expecting to see all of his friends there but it was only him this time. looking up at him, he had a smug expression on his face that he only did when he was about to do something rude or disrespectful.

"eager to go to your next class?" he snickers at his own joke, which wasn't even funny. the audacity this man has to say something like that when he used to be binary best friends with me and demetri.

"no it's just really far away. the chemistry classes are all the way across campus." my books are falling out of my hands so i adjust myself so they fit better, but he snatches the science book out of my hands before i could react and starts flipping through the pages.

"you mean this chemistry?" he sneers, stopping on a page, pretending to read it, moving up his pretend glasses and ripping it out before dropping it on the ground dramatically. i remember eli being such a drama queen all the time so i'm glad to see some of his old traits still are present in his personality, even if they were bad. it reminded me that eli was still in him, deep down. he slowly rips out page by page, and i look at the clock on the wall slowly coming to the end of passing period and the beginning of chemistry. i am about to be tardy for class and have to buy a whole new chemistry book. the last page he rips out of my book and crumples it up and hands it back to me, and we brush hands for a short moment of time which makes my cheeks heat up, before realizing who i was thinking about. he walks away shortly after with the chemistry book still in his hands.