270 | Tapes

[Cassette Tape #1: September 19, 2019]

"St. George Academy has been okay so far. No one talks to me though. I think they don't like that I'm a Von Hatzfeld. The students would stare at me and sometimes whisper amongst each other, but maybe I was only being paranoid. I should just be thankful that I can finally go to school again.

I heard Klaus is doing well in J.S. High. I got really sad when I found out we're in different schools, but I think it's also a good thing. I'm also a white uniform, unlike Klaus who was said to be a brotherhood member in his house. To top it all off, I'm a serf, but that's okay as well. I'll just have to prove myself to others that I can be great too even if I'm a serf.

 I don't want Klaus to worry about me and be a burden to him again."

[Cassette Tape #4: October 02, 2019]

"They laughed at me and threw water at me at the atrium—the gaffers, dwellers, and even the serfs. They told me I was a product of ped-philes. I wanted to fight back but I was scared. I'm not like my brother, Klaus. I don't know why they're making fun of me like this."

[Cassette Tape #6: October 18, 2019]

"They shoved me inside a locker. Those terrible black uniforms...I-I'm...I-I'm scared...I've been here for hours now. I don't know what to...w-wait...can someone hear me?! Anyone! Help! Help me!"

[Cassette Tape #7: October 25, 2019]

"I aced my tests and became the top student of my entire year...the gaffers in my class told some serfs to grab me and shove me out of the window, almost making me fall. The priests had to lock the windows so it wouldn't happen again.

They didn't scold those students though. They said I should just let it go.

But the bruises in my arms wouldn't stop throbbing."

[Cassette Tape #9: November 04, 2019]

"Something's happening recently. People from the association suddenly arrived and met up with the Ministry. I heard they've been checking the profiles of each of the students. I don't know what's happening, but I gotta stay low and not grab anyone's attention."

[Cassette Tape #12: November 29, 2019]

"The association just introduced the council members called the Saints, and I...I was surprised when I was chosen as the house president. I don't know why they did this. Everyone's getting mad. I'm hiding in my dorm room right now and people are throwing rocks in my window. Earlier the serfs even put nails in my bed. I don't know what to do. Why are they torturing me like this?

[Cassette Tape #13: December 04, 2019]

"They managed to put something in my drink...the dwellers in our dorm. They were laughing as I started vomiting in the cafeteria. And when I went to the clinic, pig's blood splattered on my uniform. They said it represents the blood of the victims my family kidnapped and assaulted.

I don't know what I did wrong. I never wanted to be a Von Hatzfeld. I never wanted to be a part of that family. Why am I being punished like this? What did I do wrong?"

[Cassette Tape #16: December 23, 2019]

"The students can head home for the winter break, but I'm not leaving my dorm. I think they're waiting for me outside. They're gonna attack me, I just know it. I already covered my door and windows. They won't be able to get in. They won't...

W-wait, I hear someone outside. I knew it. 

They're out to torment me again! 

They're here to hurt me again!