Chapter Sixteen

Zhan let out a deep breath. Yingchun accepted him unconditionally.

And since then, things have changed in Zhan's life. Yingchun enrolled him to a prestigious university despite his condition. In just a few months, the former Zhan was completely covered. And during those times, Yibo crossed his mind several times. The pain and the heartaches.

He gave himself to a man who had another person in mind while making love.to him. No. While he had sex with him.

He studied the gestures and speech of sophisticated people in the city. It's not hard to do. His mother is refined and classy. That is the reason why she cannot interact with the people in the province.

He knew that he and Yibo could meet. But he did not know that that day would happen. Hee was too busy with his thoughts that he didn't hear the parking of a car.

A knock made him turn to the door. "It's open," he said thought that it's the maid. The door opened and Yibo peeked out from the door.

"Zhan..."

"Y-Yibo..."

"I want to talk to you.. Can I come in?" Asked Yibo.

Zhan's eyes flashed before speaking. "Y-you're already inside." he was trying to control the quiver in his voice. "Sit down." Yibo sat on the adjacent sofa and their knees almost touched. He wanted to move to another seat if he would not look like a fool.

"Are you living here with Yingchun?" Yibo looked around the entire household.

Zhan shook her head. "I occupied this place." he is not lying. "Why are you here?"

"Why did you suddenly disappear, Zhan?" asked Yibo grabbing his hand.

"I-I had an appointment." he knew that Yibo didn't mean what happened earlier but that he was leaving Gāodì more than a year ago. Zhan tried to pull back his hand but Yibo locked his hand in his palms.

Zhan was trembling. Yibo could feel it. Zhan's eyes were wide in apprehension. And dear lord, Zhan was so pretty that he wanted to kiss him right there and then.

"You know what I'm talking about is your sudden disappearance from the hacienda." Zhan shrugged his shoulders trying to appear casual. "Maybe you already know about aunt Yingchun." He glanced at the slightly open door.

"I want to ask you about that but not now. I want to know how your life has been for the past year. How have you been, Zhan?"

"I'm sure Mark has already told you something about me." He raised his face slightly. And he wanted to think that his face was stiffened by the pressure to be formal and ignore Yibo's presence.

"You've changed. You've changed a lot," Yibo whispered huskily.

Zhan let out a false smile. "Of course. Fine clothes and Yingchun's money." he didn't want to meet Yibo's gaze.

Zhan almost sighed his relief when Yibo let go of his hand but held his breath again when Yibo grabbed his chin and raised his face.

"You're not the boy I used to know. Oh, you're prettier, lovelier," then Yibo looked at his body. "You've gained weight at the right places." Zhan blushed but smiled and tried to ignore the last words.

"I grow old..." Zhan said.

Yibo didn't answer immediately and stared at him. "Yeah. I see a big change," he said with a smile that meant something.

Zhan slowly released the breath he was holding. Since Yibo came to Gāodì when his parents died, Zhan never saw him smile even once. In fact, he doesn't remember Yibo smiling at all. He actually calls Yibo an unsmiling prince.