Chapter Nine

He didn't want to go home in their house but his feet brought himself there. He looked around. Immediately drawing pain in the chest. He could not immediately accept the loss of his mother.

"I love your father, Yibo... have loved him since I first saw him..."

And Quiren's repeated words rang in his ears. "In my own ways... have I not loved you, son?" Then the Wang siblings.

"The only difference in our relationship is the fact that Aunt Crystal is gone, man. And I will miss her." Haikuan holding his shoulder the day after the funeral.

Haoxuan gave him a firm squeeze on his shoulder before continuing to his own car. And three days after the funeral Haoxuan returned to Texas without talking to Quiren. And Ziyi. She never tried to talk to Yibo during the vigil and funeral. But the girl came the day before Yibo left for Yúnshēn Bùzhīchù Gusu Island. She cried and hugged him tightly.

"No matter what, we're here, Yibo. And don't stay away from us, please," she sobbed into his chest. "Don't build chasms between us."

He tried to control his emotions but he needed someone at that moment. He returned the hug and kissed his sister on the head.

"I never thought that I only have two brothers, Yibo. All my life, I always have three brothers in my heart and mind. Now, I know why." Ziyi looked up at him sobbing.

"Hush..." he kissed the top of her head. His throat was tight and he couldn't speak.

And when he went home to Yúnshēn Bùzhīchù Gusu Island he threw the bottle of wine there. He was all alone. There was no one else he could vent his anger on Wang Quiren. The bitterness of Cyrstal's sudden loss.

Until one day- Yibo closed his eyes. What happened to Zhan?

Is the boy really there or just his imagination? Did he do it badly? Or was it just a dream? If it had been a dream, then it was one hell of a dream.

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

Yibo has been on the job for one week and most of his time has been devoted to re-organizing the office. Qingheng-Jun neglected many jobs. And there isn't a day that he and Zhao Liying don't see each other. And what the girl told him was true, she worked well. Many of his tasks became easy because of her.

And more than anything else, she never failed to attract his attention. She never failed to turn him on in the middle of a lot of work whenever he let her in and talked to him. And he also knew that she was deliberately attracting him. One afternoon he was busy at work when Quiren suddenly came to his office.

"This is ridiculous, Yibo," he said to him. "You're killing yourself working here when it's not your company."

"I am a stockholder of this company, Wang, if you forget." Yibo's eyes narrowed.

"Damn you, Yibo!" Quiren screamed frantically. "Mark Chao owned this company. You are just an employee here. Mark's employee, while you are part owner of WQC!"

Yibo did not immediately answer. What Quiren said was true. He is indeed a stockholder of the company but he is still an employee. And he didn't much think about it due to the intense rebellion against Wang Quiren.

"You will not be my shadow, Wang."

"And you preferred to be Chao's shadow, is that so?" Quiren retaliated with angry jaws.

"What do you care about my life?" Yibo snorted and stood up.

"You are my son, damn you!"

"By unfortunate circumstances," Yibo answered through gritted teeth.

"No matter what you say, you are still my child. And I don't have children working for other people!"

"Why, Wang, haven't you seen anything to replace me?"

"Nobody's indispensable, Yibo. You know that. No matter how good you are, there's a counterpart. I'm here because of you. Because you are my son." the old man's chest rose and fell. "You're stubborn as a bull. And because of that damned foolish pride..."

"Don't we have those as things in common, Wang?" he was quick and it was too late to take back what he said. He did not mean to admit indirectly that he was related to Wang Quiren.

There was a few moments of silence before a smile appeared on Quiren's lips.

"I have said this before and I'm saying it again. I cannot decide whether having sons as outrageously arrogant and bullheaded as the three of you is a blessing or a curse. Whichever, Yibo, I am so proud that you are my blood. And if you give me the choice, you will legally have my name. And you know that's not hard to do."

The next thing Yibo realized was that he was alone in the room. Wearily, he returned to the chair again and leaned his head on the chair.

Is it worth fighting you, Wang Quiren? And what is the good reason to do that? Is it because of an event twenty-five years ago that cannot be changed again?

He was in such a state when Zhao Liying entered his office. "Hey, are you still here?" He took a breath and smiled. "I forgot the time. You, why are you still here?"

"I saw your car in the parking lot." she sat on the edge of the table and crossed her legs. "You look tired," she whispered softly.

"Not so tired to do something we'll both enjoy." Yibo raised his finger and traveled along the girl's exposed beautiful legs.

"Now you're talking." Zhao Liying's hands were on his necktie and hurriedly removed it.

"I hate pantyhose," Yibo said. Impatiently pulling down the nylon fabric. Then stood up and led the girl to the lounge. He took off her tailored blouse and threw it on the carpet. While she's fumbling on his buckle.

Zhao Liying no longer knows what happened. One minute they were fully clothed and the next they were naked. His mouth was on hers and she literally stopped breathing. His hands were everywhere. On her breast and fondled the hardened peaks.

Then he entered her so fiercely that she wasn't able to stop herself from crying out. And no one paid any attention to the lampshade that fell from the side table no one could tell how it had fallen.

Zhao Liying couldn't believe the intensity of Yibo's lovemaking. This wasn't her first time. Her ex took care of that a long time ago. But the mild pain that he should have felt was still there. And add the fact that Yibo was a big man. But he was also like a hungry lion ready to kill the enemy. His hands, his mouth, and his body made her forget the little discomfort.

And she met his passion. Arching her body to meet his. In unison they both reach their shattering release.