23. Sultanah Rasheeda.

Motherly affection doesn't need blood. A mother is created in special ways by Allah.

It started with prolonged thoughts, then slight anger, and then worry. Yasmine didn't know when this started but after that faithful night, Jaasir became part of her mind. It's been three days but they haven't heard from him. Her heart was angry that he was going to break his promise but her rational mind was worried that he was caught up with problems. In a few days and the character the Amir had portrayed, she could read that he wasn't one to ignore his duties which means that he was held back. Arwa informed her of the trial going on today and she kept praying for success and hoped that Allah would open a clear way in the case. Not only was it crucial to her life but many others too.

Yasmine paced to and fro before the long window as the sun shone on her slim figure. Gazing at the bright sun reminded her of him clearly and her mind kept drifting to worry.

"Assalamu alaikum!" the Amira's voice broke her thoughts. She turned around and saw Arwa walking in with her maid, Rabia.

"Wa alaikumussalm Arwa," she returned with a managed faint smile. In the past few days, Arwa made sure that Yasmine called her with her name.

Arwa held her gown and walked closer to Yasmine, while the two maids stayed beside the door. Arwa narrowed her eyes at the unhidden expression that was on Yasmine's face.

"Are you still worried about Akhiy?" she asked with a knowing smile.

"Huh?" Yasmine looked at her skeptically. It wasn't too obvious, was it?

Arwa curled her lips and pointed out, "It's so obvious Yasmine. It's so visible in your eyes and since yesterday, you asked me about him. You are worried right?"

Watching the playful look in the Amira's eyes, Yasmin didn't know what to answer.

"I am not," she muttered from her lips but what was in her heart was different.

"Come on, don't fake it before me," Arwa smiled. "But don't worry Yasmine, I have faith that everything will be alright."

"In Sha Allah, " Yasmine replied, feeling much better. Arwa beamed and said, "Now, get ready. Let's go see my Ummi,"

"The Sultana?" Yasmine was apprehensive. Arwa and Jaasir are royalty but the Sultana is on another level.

Sensing her worry, Arwa just waved her hand. "It's going to be fine Yasmine. You worry too much. My Ummi is the kindest person in the palace and I am sure that she would want to meet you. So..."

Yasmine was silent before she nodded. She then went to get her hijab before they headed out. Walking around the pathway gave her a breather from all her worries.

The maids around the Sultana's quarters were more than the Amira's chambers. Sultana Raheeda's chambers were painted maroon and gold, giving them an elegant and warm picturesque. Arwa paced faster with more enthusiasm and excitement as they got closer to the main hall which she was sure that her mother was in. She didn't let any of the maids inform her mother just so that she could surprise her.

The door was wide open when they finally stood before it. Inside the wide intricately designed hall was a figure sitting on a divan and Yasmine was amazed by her appearance.

It was a slim middle-aged woman wearing a maroon royal gown with silver embroidery. She wore no jewelry and her brown lush hair cascaded behind her back. She had a beautiful and calm face and her light brown eyes were focused on the cloth she was knitting.

Such an enigmatic woman. That was what Yasmine thought.

"Ummiy!" Arwa shouted in zeal startling the woman to raise her head. She rolled her eyes and gave Arwa a warning look but the Amira was unfazed and rushed inside, falling on the divan to embrace her mother tightly.