Chapter Five: The Ice Rink

narrator:

julie stayed at derek's last night. he slowly gets out of his bed and looks at her still asleep as he grabs his jacket and puts it on. he walks over and kisses her forehead and wiping her hair out of her face. she makes a little sound which makes him move away. he smiles at her before he turns to leave to go meet up with his betas. he slowly opens the door a little and squeezes out then heads to his car to leave.

he gets to the ice rink and his sister is there standing crossing her arms. "julie is gonna kill you." pixie says towards her older brother who turns his head to look at her. "julie won't find out." she leans off the wall and uncrosses her arm. "julie finds out everything." she smiles at him and pays her brothers shoulder. "going after her cousin is a no go." derek looks at his younger sister. "she doesn't even know he's her cousin. just knows him as her student." derek stands there as pixie stands beside him. "you need to tell them both. or i will." she turns and walks off.

julie wakes up and pats derek's side. she leans up and sees he's not there. 'derek?' she gets up from the bed. 'pixie?' she walks around the loft. 'no note.' she pulls her pants on. 'wait i can track his scent.' she throws on a shirt and walks out the loft and down the stairs and outside looking for her car. 'i didn't fucking drive.' she throws her hands up and down aggressively. she snaps her fingers that takes her to her family home. jasper her younger brother is eating cereal and when she appears he jumps, spilling it on the kitchen floor. "you need to stop doing that." she just laughs and pats his head. 'i didn't drive. and didn't feel like walking.' she walks past him to the stairs.

she walks to her room and changes into some clothes with just a snap of her fingers. then she walks back down stairs. "that was fast." jasper says as he eats his cereal at the bar. 'just a snap.' she smiles as she walks to the coffee machine and swishes her hands to make coffee. "you cheat." she smiles at him. 'i'm an adult i do what i want.' she turns around as the machine goes off saying it's done. "you have been doing it even in teen years." she pours it in her cup. 'well you can too just don't be stupid.' she smiles as she walks next to him. she kisses his cheek. 'be good little brother.' "always." he says with a mouthful. she turns and walks to the door grabbing her keys off it's hook and walking out going to start her car and find wherever derek is.

she drives to the ice rink. 'there's a fight happening. shit.' she gets out of her car fast and walks inside. she stops when she sees erica and isaac got their asses beat by scott and then derek walks up to scott. makes his claws come out and transforms into his alpha form. he attacks scott. scott gets in a hit but then derek gets him back. throwing him on the ground and putting his foot to scott's throat.

she flicks her claws out and flashes her black and white eyes as she runs and grabs derek from behind and makes him land on his back. her hand around his throat. he looks at her in pure shock. 'the fuck do you think you're doing?' he just stares at her as her hand is still around his throat he doesn't even try to escape. 'touch him again and it's me vs you handsome.' she lets go of his neck and moves back holding her hand out to help him up. he stands up and looks at her. they all do. she closes her eyes and they go back to normal. derek just turns around and walks off. she yells. 'this is going way to over your head!' she looks at him as he stops to look at her.

she helps scott up. 'you okay?' she asks him as he gets to his feet. "yeah i'm good." she looks at her boyfriend. 'these betas of yours are very sloppy and so are you. they're gonna get themselves killed or worse you killed!' erica tries to go after her but derek puts his arm out in front of her. isaac just stands there and looks at julie. derek looks at erica and she looks at him. "nobody touches her!" he says to his beta then looks back to his girlfriend. "why do you think i chose scott to fight them." she shakes her head. 'i don't think he would've if he knew you would've beat the living hell out of him! i mean i would've done better training them no problem.' she shrugs and smiles.

"you think you can do better cupcake?" he smirks. she smiles at him. 'oh baby i know i can.' she starts to walk up to him and she stops in front of him. his arms are crossed. she tilts her head and pouts. 'why so serious babe? scared that i'll do better?' she smiles at him. he just grins. he leans in and whispers. "what can you do?" he pulls away and smiles. she smiles back. 'wait and see.' she whispers. 'i need ice skates.' she says aloud and looks over and sees pixie standing there watching she smiles at her.

'pix any skates for me?' she smiles at her. "got em." she holds them up. "why does she need skates?" erica asks derek. 'just wait and see.' julie looks to derek and grins, then walks over to his little sister and sits down on the bench to put on the skates. "should you be doing this? you might accidentally kill them." pixie asks her concerned. she looks at her and smiles. 'don't worry pix, i know what i'm doing. why do you think i needed these.' she wiggled her feet and they both look down then up at each other and smiles. "go show them who's boss girl." 'oh you know i will.' she gets up off the bench and heads on the ice to their sides again. she crosses her arms and smiles. 'let the fun begin.' derek smiles at her.

derek points to erica to be first. "don't i get skates?" she looks to derek and then to julie. "that's not up to me." derek says as he looks to his girlfriend. she smiles. 'you don't need skates. use your speed, put your skills to work. and let's see what you got.' julie closes her eyes and her Alpha Witchwolf eyes show. derek looks at her and wonders when did she turn and how did she? "youre..youre..an alpha too?" erica steps back afraid. 'oh are you afraid darling?' "maybe a tad because you're scary when you aren't like this." erica motions to her body. julie smiles.

'chickening out?' "what no." erica scuffs. "just needed to think what to do." 'you should never think too long. that's when things go wrong.' julie puts her arms out like an open target and smiles. 'let the game begin. come on free shot.' erica flicks her claws out and changes her eyes coming after julie who moves in a twist then coming up behind erica and doing a leap making the skate blade cut her back. erica grunts in pain falling forward, blood is on julie's skate and ice. erica turns to her holding her back.

"what a bitch move!" she gets mad. 'hey just because you're new doesn't mean ima go easy on you. derek and scott were just being nice.' she skates up to erica who stumbles back. 'but with me i'm here to show you that this can happen out there.' she motions to doors. 'and i want all of you to be prepared. i'm not your nice loving teacher anymore.' "how are we prepared if you attack us from behind?" erica asks her as she tries to slash her with her claws. but julie stops her hand bending her arm and making her fall to her knees.

julie looks to her. 'like i said, im preparing you to be ready for shit that could happen out in the real world. and if you aren't smart about it. you can end up dead. is that what you want erica? to be dead?' she shakes her head no. 'so you gonna stop being a pussy and man up a little?' "i think you should give someone else a chance. i'm sore." julie chuckles. 'amateur.' julie pushes her back and turns around to walk off. "excuse me?" julie turns back around to erica who is now on her feet. 'you're definitely gonna get killed out there. and it'll be your fault.' she smiles and then turns away skating back to derek.

julie smiles at him. who smiles back. she senses and feels erica coming up behind her with her claws. julie turns around right as erica is up close to her and slashes her chest erica grunts and steps back. 'im not that easy sweetheart. lesson is over so if you try again i might accidentally kill you.' she smiles at erica who looks at her shocked. julie looks back to derek. 'so?' "still number one." he grabs her face and kisses her lips. "okay then." isaac says. everyone turns around looking away. derek and julie pull away. her eyes are still her alpha eyes.

"jules your eyes." derek says to her. 'oh.' she closes them and opens them going back to her normal eye color. 'better?' he smiles. "much." he kisses her again. "will you stop kissing!" scott says to the two. she pulls back and looks to scott. 'oh put a sock in it.' he just looks at her and rolls his eyes. 'i'll let you two talk.' she looks back to derek. 'be nice.' he looks down at her. "maybe." she shakes her head and smiles. she looks to scott. 'see you in class kid.' she skates away from them and just starts to skate. they all stand and watch her. "is that how pixie learned to skate from her?" scott asks coming to derek's side who just watches his girlfriend as she twists and turns. "yeah used to go ice skating all the time." "can you skate?" scott asks him. "thanks to her i can."
derek turns to look at scott crossing his arms with a smile.

(this story is all over the place and its only the fifth chapter😭 man i suck😅)

♬ ♬ ♩ ♡ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♭ ♫ ♡♬ ♬ ♩ ♡ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♭ ♫ ♡