Capitolo Undici

"Well, that was a wonderful kiss. I'm just saying if it was a little, you know...less violent." Trey rambles on the drive home. "I'm the only one permitted to be that intense. I'm the brawler...the hot head..."

"If the next thing that comes out from your mouth is that kiss, I'll open this car door and jump out myself." I groan.

It's been about an hour and then some since I kissed Trey. We have tried our possible best to decode the source of the package and have gotten minuscule but valuable clues, and yet, Trey just won't shut the fuck up about me kissing him.

It's up to the point where I positively hate myself for doing it.

Now, it was to assert dominance or whatever the heck I thought I was doing, but now, I'm the one who's feeling the intimidating air.

I'm the one who can barely speak, and I'm the one with a crimson face.

Well, Trey might be blushing, and I'll never know. Being blessed with the gift of his beautiful dark melanin-shaded skin, if heat were to creep up his face or if he were to be embarrassed about something, I'd only ever be aware if he told me.

The creator or evolution process, or whatever the fuck made us and our differences, did me dirty with this one.

"Well, I'm just pointing out the technical flaws in your actions. It's not my fault that I could put you in a blender and make tomato soup right now." He says with a tone that sounds annoyed.

I say tone because I would die if I turned to look at him. I can't bear the embarrassment. Wasn't I the person that was insistent on him staying away from me? I was on track, and I've blown it...badly.

Now, he probably thinks I like him.

Now, I probably think I like him!

"Let's just talk about something else, please," I say with a soft defeated voice.

Yes, this was a battle, and Trey won again.

He clears his throat. "Yeah, well, there's always the box to talk about. It was...a box." He says with indifference. If there's anything I'm grateful for right now, It's his lack of emotion in his speech and general mannerisms. Wouldn't it have been awkward if he was just as affected as I am?

"At least we got out the most important thing, which is who the box was from. We'd go and report that to Papa and proceed with whatever instructions he gives." I say, trying to neutralize my voice and get my head back in the game. It's hard.

"Or, we could just go and find this..." he pauses a little, and when I steal a peak at his handsomeness from my periphery, he's reading from the piece of paper we got from the mailing note that came with the box. "-Mr. Darcy Vinelli."

"Darcy is a female name." I correct him.

"I like viewing all my potential enemies as male."

"Sexist pig." I huff.

"It makes it easier for me to visualize hurting them."

"Oh."

That's a fucked up but somehow nicer angle to look at it from.

And I was wrong again. Grrr...

"Well, I still suggest we go to Dad first. It's just better to get instructions before we proceed." I stand my ground.

"Principessa, why do you think your father likes me? I mean, more than half of the male population in the mafia house would fight for the chance to sever my head from my body, so why not your father?" he asks with a careful tone.