Capitolo Otto

Now, I'm sure I'll keep my distance.

How do I know?

I don't let him anywhere near me.

"Really?" I feel a little hurt when I see him cock a brow, but I remind myself how much I'm ensuring my own safety.

"Of course, you can't come into my room, Trey. This is my space." I reply.

He had been knocking on the door to my room for a while, and I knew it was him. I didn't want to answer initially, but I have a soft heart.

"I just said I need to talk. Not that I want to enter your room. If I wanted to do that, I would've done it." He shrugs.

That reminds me.

"How did you get into my room this morning?" I ask, maybe to know how I can stop it from happening again.

Knowing what he did to that poor, helpless girl makes it a lot scarier to have him enter my room while I'm asleep and helpless as well.

I expected him to gate-keep the secret, but he reveals it quite plainly.

"Angelo has the key and was the one to enter first. I took over from him just because your father called him for some task he needed to attend to urgently." He replies calmly.

"Huh."

"It's kinda Angelo's thing, you know. Letting people sleep. I was shaking your bed frame every now and then to make you wake up faster when he left." He chuckles humorlessly.

Would it kill his beautiful ass to smile? And I mean a genuine one

"Well, you said you wanted to talk?" I shake all the thoughts about being remotely attracted to this devil off and focus.

"Yup. About what happened between me and Agnes." He nods.

"Oh, she has a name. Good to know you're not just some slimy fuck that uses a woman for your own personal benefits." I huff.

"Would you rather I used a pair of extenders to hold her eyes open while making little painful incisions on her eyeballs before dousing them with salt water every time she doesn't give me an answer?" he growls. His eyes then look away from me, but nowhere in particular...searching.

"Oh, Lapo is gonna love that one." He adds.

He's actually considering the idea.

"You sick..." I spit.

"That's beside the point." He shushes me. Something about him talking makes me shut up. There's just so much authority to his voice and tone. "I play mind games, Principessa. Every single one of those men died horrible deaths so that she could appreciate the grace I gave her. I don't have to stab her in the knees now. I have to ask."

I hate that his explanation makes way too much sense, enough for me not to have a comeback.

"Will you let her live?" I ask with a small voice.

That's when I see him smile again, so coldly, yet so wide.

"Oh, you'll see."

I wouldn't say I like that smile. In fact, I'd rather he kept that icy look on his face than widen his lips with malicious intent because I already know the answer from his grin alone.

"Whatever. Just...stay the fuck away from me." I shake my head and move on, away from him.

I was supposed to be in my room, but now I feel like doing something.

With Angelo, perhaps?

I wander the halls and house, searching for my brother, but I don't find him. It's a casual search, nothing too serious.