Part 15: Fight

why are you so unkind to me
my body cries
cause you don't look like them
I tell her
———————————————————
‼️trigger warning‼️

Sunlight is streaming through the windows, tickling Tom's nose, not leaving him another moment of sleep. His eyes open slightly and a soft groan leaves his lips at the bright light. The first thing he can acknowledge is someone next to him and shortly he is confused as to who he is sleeping next to but then his mind clocks the guest room and the familiar scent of vanilla mixed with a little bit of flowers which gives of a fresh yet comfortable feeling. It's you. He could tell from miles away, the scent that had him captivated since the first time he helped you up from the streets and now found home in his flat.

Too lazy to move from this relaxing position he settles to watching you. Briefly contemplating if it's creepy, he can't help his eyes that wonder on their own accord from your hair that falls softly over your shoulders to your lips that are slightly opened without letting a sound come out and to your little nose that is sprinkled with freckles, before following its crook to your eyebrows and lastly landing by your closed lit.

Not moving for another few minutes Tom observes how peaceful you look in your sleep like you have no worries in the world. In reality though, he knows you have plenty of things on your mind that are hunting you, some still unknown to him.

Deciding to let you sleep, just so you don't have to worry about last night a few more minutes, he carefully climbs out of bed.
Heading in the direction of the kitchen Tom can already hear the faint sounds of music. That must mean Luke is awake.
Up on entering the kitchen he is greeted with a total mess. Pans and pots litter the surface of the kitchen island. Cutlery and plates are haphazardly thrown on the table. On the floor are laying different types of vegetables and fruits, that must have fallen down as Luke cut them, and egg shells and flour are laying on the other kitchen surface next to a waffle iron.

"What in devil's name did you do!"

Luke visibly tenses when he hears Tom's voice behind him and his silly dance moves stop immediately as he slowly, cautiously turns around to face his best friend who sounds angry with a tat bit of amusement lingering in his tone nonetheless.
A sheepish smile curls onto Luke's lips before he answers.

"I tried to make breakfast for all of us. Thought it would be a nice start for the day and after last night..."

His sentence trails off at the end and Tom doesn't need to hear it, he already knows why Luke is cooking so much a whole football team could get fed up with. On one hand he feels bad for you, so it's kind of a treat to make your morning more bearable, but on the other hand it's also one of Luke's habits he has when he is overly concerned and overtaxed.
No more words are spoken between the two best friends when Luke returns to his cooking and Tom starts to tidy up the best he can while it's still being cooked. Only the soft music disturbed the silence.

The food is nearly finished and perfectly timed you exit the guest room. Their gazes switch right away to you, away from their tasks at hand. The lack of sleep is visible because of the dark circles under your eyes and it couldn't be more evident that you don't feel great. Shoulders slumped forward, eyes show casting a sadness and a hint of fear.

You woke up to an empty bed. The warmth that consumed your body last night when you fell asleep gone, leaving just your own body heat to keep you warm. You snuggle further into the duvet, suddenly remembering all the events from last night. Suppressing the fear bubbling in you, you begrudgingly step out of bed, welcoming the harsh reality you life in. When you escape your temporarily bedroom and enter the kitchen, you promptly feel two gazes on you. It makes you uncomfortable for a moment, so you let your head hang low and eyes observing the tiles on the floor.
But after a few seconds you lift your head back up when you smell waffles. Now giving the kitchen a proper look you can see various kinds of food, not only the pile of waffles stacked on a plate. There is another plate with vegetables, a bowl with fruit salad, different sorts of bread neatly placed in a basket with toppings surrounding it, scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. It's a feast, really. Too bad that you are not hungry at all, but you also don't want them to feel like they did everything for nothing, so when the boys set up the last things, not letting you help, you sit down with them and eat a little bit of the fruit salad and a slice of bread with the scrambled eggs. It tastes extremely good and you don't hesitate to let Luke know.

"This is fantastic. The best I've had in a long time, thank you Luke."

A big genuine smile spreads across his face and his reply has you chuckling a bit.
"Thank you, finally someone who appreciates my food. Tom here never said that it tastes good, all I get out of him is something that sounds like cough mixed with a fart."

Tom protests loudly, claiming that he do says, sometimes, that the food is good and strongly disagrees with Luke's fart and cough statement. It's a fun breakfast and for a short time you forget the voice that constantly whispers in your ear to not eat anymore. However, when you look down at your tights, only for a brief moment, the voice is prominent in your head.
Seeing how they spread out on the chair, the shorts you're wearing not keeping the fat in place, hiding it underneath their fabric.
The fork with fruit slowly sinks back down to your plate, your appetite now long gone and you must have looked down longer than you thought because Tom pulls you out of your trance with his hand landing on your right thigh.

You gaze up at him, head cocked slightly so you can still see his hand on your thigh, which is a heavy weigh on your leg.

"Is everything okay?"

It's a harmless question but you hate it and what you hate even more is that shortly after Tom squeezes his hand around your leg, you see the fat coming out between his spread fingers.
You force the smile back on your face and nod your head at Tom, still looking at him.

During this short exchange Luke kept quiet, eating his food in silence nonetheless keeping a close eye on your actions. He saw your look down and he saw how something there must have affected you because the laugh that left your lips just seconds earlier died down in a heartbeat and the fork in your hands was lowered down back on the plate and now... now you sit there, after Tom's question, back to gazing down, with hands placed on your lap.

His gaze shifts to Tom, whose turn it is to cock his head with a look on his face that screams he doesn't believe you.

"No, your not."

It's blunt and out of nowhere, but Luke couldn't keep quiet any longer. Tom told him that you have some things you deal with. Although he never told him explicitly what it is, Luke has his suspicions.
As his words left his lips, Tom shoots his best friend a glare that screams 'don't you dare to say something about this!'.

Luke really wants to listen to his friend and would like to do him this favour, but he senses that there is more. More that even Tom doesn't know yet. So he pries further, ignoring Toms killer look.

"Since the first time you came over there was something. I was the one who found the bloody razor blade in the bin and I know for a fact Tom wouldn't lie about something like this. Also, the panic attacks?! The fact that you've barley eaten anything since you come here. There is something wrong with you, Lou!!
You have Tom wrapped around your little finger and he doesn't..." Luke planned to be calm and collected while confronting you but he can't help the raise in his voice when he continues. Tom with his look that could kill, is long forgotten in his mind. That is until another, louder voice stops his ranting .

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, LUKE! YOU DON'T KNOW A THING! ONE MORE WORD AND I SWEAR I'M..."

The two boys were too focused on their screaming that they didn't notice you standing up and rushing to the guest room. Only when the door slammed shut does Tom stop mid sentence.
Both boys look at each other incredulously, glued to their spots. Soon snapping out of their thoughts Tom is the first to rush after you but when he arrives at your door, it's locked.

***
Have a nice day! Hope you enjoyed reading!
~L
***