Part 9: Going out?

if someone makes you feel
let them
- reyna biddy
————————————————————

Half an hour later Tom has finished to clean up a bit, ergo why he is glad to sit down for a while, when you walk in.

You woke up to an empty bed, kind of disappointed that Tom wasn't there with you, it felt good to wake up to someone who cared about one. Hoping he was not gone without a goodbye, you saunter into the kitchen, still half asleep. Your heart makes a beat when you see him on one of the counter chairs, looking rather exhausted, that's when your gaze shifts to the counters in front of him. They are all cleaned up nicely, even more than before.
He hasn't spotted you yet, so you sit down on the chair next to his and murmur a "hi".
Toms head turns your way, a smile already set in place.

You love his smile, it's the first thing you noticed about him when he helped you. Lips turning upwards, light crinkles forming around his eyes and teeth only showing a little through his rosy lips. It's in this moment that you realizes you are falling for him, his kind soul and lovely personality. It scares you like hell because the last time you gave into your feelings it brought you nothing but pain.

You must've zoned out since Tom calls your name, while waving his hand in front of your face, smile not faltering.

"I must have called your name ten times, where was this pretty mind of yours?" A delicate red rises to your cheeks, it's barely noticeable, still Tom notices it.

"You didn't have to clean up my kitchen," you decide to change the topic, suddenly feeling vulnerable and exposed, cause his gaze is burning into your soul, undeniably trying to read your emotions.

"I wanted to," he simply replies. An awkward silence settles between you until he speaks up again, "Listen, I-I meant what I said yesterday. I'm aware that we know each other for barely a week but... I feel this connection between us and I know that sounds so stupid right now, however... I want to be there for you." His voice is soft, when he turns his head back to you.
Tom let's his eyes drift of to your lips for a second, they look so kissable. The urge to kiss them is too strong, there is no denying he fell hard for you in the last week, yet he refrains from his urges and looks back ahead of him. You on the other hand don't miss this little action, just as eager to kiss him, because, fuck, he makes you feel so loved, which you never thought was possible after everything you went through, you never thought you would let a person be close to you again, but here you are. Falling for a British boy after not even knowing him for a week.

The rest of the time till Tom leaves is spent with cuddling on the couch, which you learned to love, as well as making food along with Tom cracking one joke after the other. The sun is slowly going down, the beautiful play of colours adorning the sky above. As always you observe it in astonishment, only looking away when Tom places his hands on your waist from behind.

"What ya looking at?" He's resting his head on your shoulder, looking out the window now as well.

"Sunset... it's my favourite thing in the whole world since... forever, really." You turn your head as much as possible and beam at him. Tom only hummed in response, tightening his grip around you just a little bit.
It hasn't escaped your notice that he's been seeking more and more physical contact over the past 24 hours. To your amazement you enjoyed it, it's been a long time since someone hugged you, so so long.
For that reason, it's no surprise when your mind tells you again to not let him too close because he will run away, if you do.

"It's getting late. You should go home, Luke is probably wondering where you are anyway." You whisper, afraid if you speak louder this wonderful moment will be ruined, though it is nonetheless by Tom's answer, "I know what you are doing. You're trying to push me away once more... but I will stay... if you like it or not, you are stuck with me." At first you tense in his arms despite his calm voice. Tom nuzzles his head more against your shoulder, breathing in the vanilla smell, he oh so much loves.