Chapter 27 (Final)

FREEN'S POV.

Before I did anything with those divorce papers, I had them looked over by Becky and my lawyer just to make sure Heidi hadn't done anything to alter them.....she didn't. I just sent them off to be filled and now I feel like I can breathe a little better. It's been over a month and a half since that letter was given to me. I kept putting off sending the papers because I was waiting for another stunt from Heidi...... but it never came. Heidi actually did come clean publicly and apologized to me as well and I applaud her for that, I didn't think she'd go through with it.

I haven't actually spoken to Heidi after we decided on how we would share our time with Sam. As of now, we're alternating weeks. Since Heidi came clean I'm no longer "suspended" as they put it, though they really just told me to get the hell out until that shit was settled. Regardless of it all, I'm glad to be back at work doing what I love. Becky hasn't gone back to work yet and I only returned on a part time basis until I feel like I should be full time again.

I'm not sure how bad coming clean affected Heidi's career but I heard she may have black balled herself. I want to say I would help but.....I don't know. No matter how bad my marriage with Heidi had gotten, I will always have love for her as the mother of my child and I wouldn't want to see her completely fall off the wagon for Sam's sake.....I may see what I can do. Over time I've been able to start dealing with my anger towards Heidi, I'm not over it and no I haven't forgiven her yet but I'm working on it. As a part of working on it, I've decided to talk to her today. I'm meeting her at a pizza place to pick up Sam and I want to at least say hi to her.

As I grab the handle to open the door to the restaurant, I push my sunglasses to the top of my head. After entering, I spot Sam in the play area that they have in the back. Not too far from it, I spot Heidi sitting in a booth with a car seat sitting next to her. I walk over to the table and Heidi looks up at me as I sit down. I glance at the baby and sit back in my seat.

"He looks like you," I say. Heidi gives me a slightly surprised look and takes her time before answering.

"Yes, he does," She says cautiously.

"How long have you been here?" I ask. Heidi furrows her eyebrows.

"Probably 30 minutes.....forgive me but, are you actually trying to have a conversation with me?" She asks and I can't help the eye roll that follows.

"Yes," I say. Heidi just nods.

"Well in that case, how are you?" Heidi asks. I glance at Sam then back at Heidi.

"I can't complain. Things are pretty good. What about you?" I ask.

"Trying to just....be Heidi again," She says with a shrug of her shoulders.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" I ask.

"I lost myself with fame. I became......I don't even know if what I became can be categorized as human. I took a look at myself and realized I don't know who I am anymore, so with that said I've been going to see a therapist," She tells me.

"Therapy?" Heidi nods.

"I'd been going since before you left. I wasn't very serious with it but now I go twice a week," I nod my head. That surprises me but I'm glad she's getting help.

"I don't want to be that person I was anymore Freen. I can't do it for my own sanity. I don't want to be a miserable person."

"Well I'm glad that your taking steps to better yourself."

"I am too. I want us to be able to re-establish our friendship one day and even establish one with Becky. I want Sam to be apart of a functional family and not one where his parents don't even look at each other. So when you forgive me, I would love it if you were willing to take that step with me."