Chapter 10

FREEN'S POV.

Becky took the day off today. She's going to take her bar exam. She's been really nervous about this for a while now and had me help her study for the last two weeks. I really hope she passes it. I don't really know what to call my relationship with Becky. I want to say we're together but how can we be when I'm married? I don't want to say she's a mistress either because that seems a little disrespectful to me. Whatever it is though, it's been the best time of my life. It's only been three months and I just.....I don't know. It's like the more time we spent together, the more I really think about getting a divorce. I don't like being all secretive all the time. At first it was kind of sexy, the whole risk of getting caught but now it's just a burden and I think.....I think I'm going to really consider a divorce. I check the mail and go into the living room. I see Heidi sitting on the couch looking through something....what is that?

"Hey," I say and she looks up at me. Heidi and I haven't really talked to each other in the past three months. I think the only conversation we've had have been about Sam.

"What are you looking at?" I ask as I sit next to her. I'm not very close but not that far either.

"Our wedding album," I lift an eyebrow and lean back on the couch.

"What made you pull that out?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Just came across it," I nod and she turns back to the album. She looks at the pictures with a faint smile on her face and then she sighs softly.

"We were so happy," She says sadly then looks over to me.

"What happened?" She asks and I shrug with a shake of my head and sigh of my own.

"I don't know."

"It's my fault. I'm a huge bitch and I don't see why you're still with me. I'm just.....sorry isn't even the word. The way I've treated you....you didn't deserve that. I don't know what happened to me," She says and I stare at her slightly confused.

"Where is this coming from?" I ask.

"Just......you suggesting an open marriage and the distance between us," She pauses and moves closer to me then takes my hand.

"I still love you Freen. I love you more than anything and I don't want to lose you. I want to fix us. I want to go back to how we were when we were first together and when we got married. I want us back," She says genuinely. I haven't seen Heidi like this in a long time. Real. Raw. Her.

"How do you suggest we do that?" I ask.

"Therapy. I'm willing to go now and do whatever it takes to keep you."

"But what about the media?" I say with an eye roll and she shakes her head and places her other hand on mine.

"I've given them too much attention and I've put on this facade that I'm someone I'm not, that we're something we aren't and I don't care anymore. They can say whatever they want just....please say you'll do this. Let me make it up to you? Please?" Wow. This was totally unexpected I mean.....I really didn't think she even loved me anymore.

"I'll....let me think about it?" I say and she nods then kisses my cheek.

"I love you," She says before pecking my lips then hopping off the couch and leaving the living room.

To say that was confusing would be the understatement of the fucking century. Just....what the fuck? I mean that was totally random. I can't say it's a bad thing that she brought up but why now? Why? And that kiss. That kiss was....foreign to me. I don't know if it's just because I'm use to Becky's lips or because the love for Heidi....isn't there anymore. Therapy? Is that really a good idea? Should I tell Becky? Do I even go? I mean I think the damage is done. I slip my phone out the front pocket of my jeans and unlock it. I dial Becky's number and stand then I walk to the front door as it rings.