|Truth Be Told|I|

[Truth Be Told- Chapter 1: Faith Tester]

KasiAka20

A 20-year-old Karen and 25-year-old Drew arrived at Hutzel Women's Hospital just in time to welcome their firstborn daughter Faith

It has been a long nine months for the couple in dating, from Drew being a full-time college student, trying to get his degree in Mathematics, and also working the night shift at a warehouse to make ends meet

It has been a long nine months for the couple in dating, from Drew being a full-time college student, trying to get his degree in Mathematics, and also working the night shift at a warehouse to make ends meet. While Karen used to be on the road singing with her sisters and ministering to the world, she had to take off ever since she found out she was pregnant. Because of one occurrence...

Authors Note: Can you guess what the occurrence was?...

Karen: Drew it just doesn't seem right

Drew: I know...Look honey I support whatever you want to do.

Karen: That's the problem. I don't know what I want to do.

Drew: Kare..You said you weren't ready -

Karen: I know what I said it's just now she's here..it's different. I can't just throw her away.

Drew: I understand baby. She's innocent.
She played no part in this.
I don't want to give her up but I want her to have all the attention and love she needs and
we can't give that to her right now.

Karen: I know, with you being in school full time and working nights.
Then me... I have to get back on the road before everybody starts being suspicious about why I'm not singing. It's bad enough my sisters had to cancel a bunch of shows to cover up the mess and make it look like something happened...
It's impossible for us to be her parents and don't get me started on finances. We're not even married yet Drew. The church would go ballistic if they found this out. That's why I had to be on the low for the past few months and I couldn't be in the house any longer.

Drew: So...If we do give her away...
Do you have anyone in mind to take care of her?

Karen: No.