Chapter 23

Serena came to a complete stop, unable to take in the sight that met her.

For, standing in her mini kitchen, wearing her apron over his naked form, was Rick himself!
And he was..cooking?
Serena watched in disbelief, as Rick cleanly flipped an omelette into the frying pan over the stove.

She must have made some sound, because Rick glanced up, and saw her standing there, wearing a pink t-shirt, and an open mouthed expression.

'Hey! You caught me! I was about to bring us breakfast in bed...'
He dished out the omelette, and proceeded to repeat the action with another egg, seemingly unaware of her shock.

'In bed? Wha..'
Serena began, but stopped as she saw him lift a tray (which she hadn't noticed), loaded with coffee, eggs, and bread.
He made to move around the counter.
'What are you doing?'
She almost cried out, fully expecting a naked Rick, but was surprised to see that he had his jeans on. She sighed in relief. As it was, she would never be able to wear that apron without remembering how sexy he looked in it.

Rick saw her expressions, and his lips curled in a smile.
'Cooking in the nude? Nah! Too risky!'
And liked the blush that filled her cheeks.

'Stop it!'
Serena moved towards him to take the tray, but Rick just moved to the small dining table in her lounge.
'What do you think you are doing?'

'What does it look like? I made us breakfast. But you spoilt my fantasy to have it in bed with you..'
He heard her gasp and grinned to himself.

'Fant..what even? How come you are still here? I thought you had left, yet you are here..cooking..I didn't even know you could cook..'
Serena babbled on, the thought of being in his fantasy fazing her.

'There's plenty you still don't know about me..'
Rick went about setting the table, as if he did it every day.
He turned to her to see a baffled expression still on her face.
'But, that can be fixed..come..'

'Don't you have work to go to?'
Serena pulled the hem of her shirt downwards, and saw Rick look at her, an amused expression on his face.

'On a Sunday? Even a wealthy, busy businessman like me gets a day off..'
Rick said, pulling the chair so she could sit.
The taunt was not lost on Serena, as she sat down, still perturbed by the turn of events.
Rick sat down as well, picking up his knife and fork.
'I like cooking. Been doing it since college..what?'
He saw her eyebrows go up in astonishment.
'I don't look the type, right?'

'Yeah, something like that..'
Serena shrugged, surprised at finding this out about him. It made him more..approachable?

'Hmm..'
He took a bite of his food, and gestured for her to do the same. Serena picked up her cutlery as well.
'Not many people know that. But, yeah..it relaxes me..'
He shrugged his bare shoulders, drawing her attention to his body.

Serena couldn't help but remember how that same body had been over hers last night, those muscles rippling, as he had made her his, in passion.
She took a quick sip of her coffee and almost burnt her tongue.
Serves me right..
She quickly took a bite of her omelette.
'Mmm..this is good..soft and fluffy..just the way I like it!'
Rick looked pleased, as he continued eating.

'I also make a mean steak..how about it?'

Serena was busy eating, surprisingly hungry today. She didn't usually indulge in a heavy breakfast, preferring only a toast with her coffee.
'How about what?'
She asked over a bite.

'How about I make us steaks..at my place..'
Rick finished his meal and sat back, sipping his coffee.

He's going too fast! Behaving as if we are an old couple who's been together for months, instead of having just slept together a night ago..this is too much..
Serena jumped up from her chair.
'I don't think that's a good idea..in fact, I think you have been here for too long..and should go now..'
She backed off, and Rick got up.