Chapter 22

'Yes! I admit it!'
Serena's admission, meant to be one made in irritation, turned out sounding like a resigned sigh.
'I..I can't handle all this..'

Rick saw her softening to his words, and couldn't keep from watching her expressions. They changed from assertive to insecure. It was true that her spirited and fiery nature irked him at times, but to see her like this was a new occurrence for him.
'Why do you have to control yourself?'

Serena blinked at that.
'Because, I have to..I can't..'
She tried to free her wrists from his grip, but Rick just tightened his hold more.

'I know you want this! I've seen it in your eyes, felt it on your lips..'
His breath blew some of her hair from her forehead. He was that close.

'You won't understand..'
Serena moved her eyes away from his piercing ones, unable to think straight with him in such proximity. She tried to get up on her toes to meet his height, her arms getting tired from being stretched up against the wall.

'Try me!'
His gaze suddenly shifted to where her breasts had lifted up due to her action, and his eyes darkened.

Serena heard him groan, and with a sudden movement, his lips locked with hers in a blazing kiss. Because that's what it was..fire, as Rick plunged his tongue to meet hers, and Serena automatically caught hold of his, craving it like a person dying with thirst.
Their mouths burned together, passion their only motive.

Rick's grip slackened on her wrists, and even in her hazy state, Serena realised that only their mouths were fused, their bodies still inches apart. She wanted to touch him, but couldn't because Rick wouldn't budge.
As if understanding her need, or maybe because he wanted to as well, he brought her wrists down, still against the wall, and still in his grip, so that their arms were spread in line with their chests.
Serena moaned inside his mouth, when Rick finally pressed his body against hers.
If there had been a fire in their kiss, the feel of each other's bodies induced so much heat, it felt as if an inferno had been unleashed.

Rick let go of her mouth and looked down at her, his eyes drugged with passion. Her swollen and parted lips gave him a sense of satisfaction, but he was too turned on to think about it right now.
Serena took in a much needed breath, and felt his hardness against her stomach. Her eyes flew to his, and she saw his need for her in his eyes.
Rick let go of her hands, and immediately moved them to her tiny waist, while his head lowered to her neck.
Granted freedom to touch him finally, Serena put her hands on his broad shoulders. And was glad that she did, because just then his lips were on her neck, nipping and licking her skin,  and Serena would have fallen if not for his support.

Rick splayed his hands on her back, loving the feel of her in his arms. His lips moved down her bare shoulders, but stopped when the barrier of a strap came between his tongue and her skin.
He let go of her back, and Serena felt the warmth move away. She looked up at him questioningly, but Rick was already pulling her shirt off her neck and body.
Serena gasped, as cool air hit her skin, and swallowed when she saw Rick taking in her short black tank top which ended just below her breasts, and high cut black panties over her hips.

'I was dying to know if you actually had anything on underneath that shirt..'
He looked down at her sexy body, her cleavage visible to his gaze, and felt super aroused.

'What about my curiosity?'
Serena didn't realise she had said that aloud, till she heard Rick give a chuckle.

'Glad to oblige!'
And in a swift movement, he took off his t-shirt, his muscles bulging beneath it.

Serena had seen naked men, but this man was sculpted to perfection. There was muscle in all the right places, tapering where the waistband of his jeans began.
She couldn't help herself and placed a palm against his chest, running it down to his stomach. She heard Rick gasp, before his mouth was back on hers, rougher than before.