Chapter :20 Twenty

Final chapter

~Home~

Lyla

I had been very busy going up and down at the bonfire, because I was helping with preparations and many more things.

I had finally become free and I began looking for my friends.

"Sunflower is the fireworks delivery here?" My grandma asked me as I was passing her and I nod then pointed at a truck that had just arrived and was parked by the beach parking.

She smiled and I returned the smile before I continued walking. I spotted my friends sitting on beach benches and they waved at me and I waved at them back.

I walked up to them than sat down next to Hayden on the bench he was sitting on. He put his arms around my shoulder bringing me closer and I smiled.

"Hey Ly." Hazel greeted me.

"Hi Haze." I greeted her back.

Rylan waved at me and i waved at him back he looked very tired.

"Whats with the tiredness?" I asked him.

"I stayed up late writing a five page punishment essay that I was given by the principal before the end of school, for Summer." He answered and I raised my eyebrow then shook my head in disappointment and laughed.

"Why would you wait for the last minute?"

"I forgot about that shit until I found it yesterday somewhere under my bed."

I shook my head then smiled before turning to Hayden.

"Hi Hay." I began then giggled. "I realized how that sounded. It sounded like 'hi, hey'." I continued and let out a giggle.

"Hi Belleza." He wrapped his arms around me bringing me into a hug. I rested my head on his chest.

"Where are the twins?" I asked them.

"No idea, they could be anywhere." Hazel answered.

"Summer felt so short." Rylan groaned and I agreed with him it did feel far too short.

We all just talked and chilled for a few hours until my grandma called us to come and sit around the bonfire with everyone else.

I sat down in the middle of my mom and Hayden.

My grandma and a few of the other older  people began telling stories about the town from ages back when it first began and we all listened and talked and laughed.

The stories where cut short as fireworks began and we all looked up at the sky and watched the fireworks.

I watched in awe at the beauty and different colors of the fireworks.

This summer showed me a lot. We passed a sign that read 'Welcome To Seaside Bay' in large letters. The town was beautiful and i could see many happy people walking about in town.

And I experienced a lot of new things, like being stung by a Jellyfish. "Ouch!" I screamed after something stung me. It was a Jellyfish. Everyone ran up to me I became scared as my foot became red. Sometimes when I am scared I faint. I fainted.

I found my people, I met my most favorite dog, I met many people who I will now grow old with, I found my home, and I also lost my best friend but gained more best friends.

I looked at Hayden who was already looking at me then hugged him. He placed a kiss on my forehead then smiled at me.

Hayden. I definitely did not expect to meet him coming here to Seaside Bay but fate had different plans. I lost some people but also gained some and I am grateful for everyone I met this summer and I know we are still going far together.

Hayden let go of me then held my cheeks before gently kissing me then hugging me once again. I smiled.

One thing I know for sure is that this Summer is one to remember and will definitely be a core memory, as well as the Summer I came to Seaside Bay and found home here.

        ~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

                      ~°  The End°~