Chapter:09 Nine

~Best Candy~

Lyla

This past week had been very busy. I found out my grandma was part of the towns events and festivals committee last week, when she got a call from the mayor telling her to start planning the event. And the whole week, last week I had been helping with setting up and preparing for the night beach event.

Most of everyone in town had been helping with preparing for the event every day, all day.

Hazel and the twins walked up to me and began helping me with setting up these comfy couch like chairs that my grandma asked me to set up, on the beach. Rylan and Hayden had been helping with setting up the projector.

"The night beach event is definitely my favorite out of all the towns festivals and events." Hazel said excitedly.

" What happens at the night beach event?" I asked realizing I never asked my grandma.

"So like everyone in town comes to the beach and watches like many movie the entire night here. The movies played are suitable for all ages. "She explained.

That explains the projector.

My grandma walked up to us while carrying two boxes along with three people who were also carrying boxes.

" You can put the food at the food area over there."She said as she walked up to the food area putting down the boxes then they also put down the boxes.

She walked back to us and smiled at the progress we had made.

" This looks fantastic. You guys did such great jobs. " She said to us before going around to check the rest of the work that needed to be done.

I took out my notebook from my pocket then opened it as I walked to the third row of chairs and sat down.

"We gave you two, two weeks to pay up the rest of our money from the business, now pay up." I looked up from my phone and Hayden's little twin siblings, Nina and Noah had their arms crossed as they talked to Cori and Cora.

"A hundred each." Nina said.

I walked up to the five of them then stood next to Hazel and we looked at each other then back at the four.

"Since when? Last time I checked it was fifty each." Cora said.

"A hundred each." Nina repeated.

Cori took out two hundred dollars from where? I don't know. And handed a hundred to each of them and Hazel and I looked at each other.

Nina and Noah walked away.

"What-how-where-huh?" Hazel seemed to stunned to speak.

"Business, kid. Anyway we got to go earn back that two hundred dollars we just gave away. See you guys at the event later." Cori said and the two of them walked away.

Interesting.

"Let's just ignore." Hazel said and I nod. She walked away to Rylan and I went back to sit down.

~°~°~°~°~

Everyone had arrived and was sitting in the seat number they were assigned waiting for the first movie to start.

I was sitting in the middle of Hayden and Noah and Noah had been trying to sell me candy since we all took our seats.

"These are the best tasting candies you will ever buy,trust me. And plus they are only two dollars." He said showing me a bag of candy.

"Noah, stop bothering Lyla." Hayden said and Noah sighed.

"It's okay I will buy the candy." I said as I took out two dollars I found in my sweater pocket then handed it to Noah who gave me the bag of candy.

Hayden looked at me then smiled. "You want one." I took out one then gave him then took out another one then opened it.

I took a bite then almost jumped as Noah said, "The best candy, right?" I laughed as I continued to eat the candy.

"Your siblings are great." I said to Hayden who had been looking at me. He nod then looked at the projector as the first movie began playing.

The projector turned of and everyone became confused. Mr Anderson, the town's technician went to check what had happened then told my grandma, who told us all what had happened.

"Everyone the projector will be fixed in about an hour and is having a slight problem,but the event will happen." She announced then walked up to the projector which was being fixed by Mr Anderson.

"Sweet! Nina and I can use this time to make more money." Noah said walking up to Nina who had been sitting two rows back.