Chapter :12 Twelve

~Two am~

Hayden

"Lyla it's two am in the morning." I said to her.

She had called me at two am in the morning. She has been calling me every day, late at night since she got my phone number. I am always happy to hear her voice even if it's at two am in the morning.

"Oh no the birth certificate name." She said and I laughed. "I just finished a weird movie and I wanted to talk about how weird it was." She continued.

She began telling me about the movie and I listened to her with my full attention.

"Heart, when is your birthday?" She asked me and I had to think for a while, having had forgotten my own birthday.

I never really cared about it because every year it was the same, my father  was never home every year on my birthday when I was younger. After my mother died my birthday did as well, for she always made my birthday the best every year.

Aside from my friends who always tried to make it nice, I never really cared for it.

On my sibling's birthday I always try and make it the best for them because my father was never there for mine and is never there for theirs so I make sure to always be there. And my mother would have wanted me to make their birthday special, just how she would have done it.

"July Twenty Four." I answered then realized it was next week. "Oh it's next week." I added.

"Yay! Birthdays are the best and you will love yours I better start planning." She had excitement in her voice.

"Where is that notebook."I could hear her move around.

" Lyla, don't worry about it I don't mind nothing for my birthday. "I said to her and I heard her gasp.

" First of all your birthday is going to be extra amazing, now and second of all, stop with the birth certificate name. You don't call me by it. "She said and I smiled at the last part.

" You know what. I know what to do. "She said before ending the call.

Huh?

I got up from my bed then put on a shirt before walking out of my room. I made my way downstairs then walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water. I drank it then made my way to the living room.

I sat on the couch then fell into thought.

"Hayden." Nina began breaking me out of my thoughts.

I looked at her and she had tears in her eyes. "Come here." I said to her and she walked up to me and sat on the couch and I put my arm around her shoulder.

"What's wrong Ninny."I asked her and she wiped away her tears and more fell.

" I was watching a movie and the mom in the movie was so nice. "She began and my heart dropped knowing where she was going with this.

" How was mom?"She asked me and I took a deep breath as I remembered my  mother in detail. I realized I had not talked about mom to anyone in a long time.

" She was the best, and loved you and Noah and me a lot. "I began.

~flashback~

" Mom look at the waves. "I said to my mom who walked up to the beach bench I was sitting on while carrying Noah and Nina.

" The ocean is free, open and deep but will always come back to shore. "My mother said. She loved saying that everytime we came to the beach.

" The ocean is free, open and deep but will always come back to shore. "I repeated her words and she smiled at me then gave me a kiss on my forehead.