17.

Felix's PoV

I stood there dumbfounded, staring at the door.

"Felix, you should sit down-"

"Seungmin, she- she- she allowed Shuhua but not me..? What is so special about Shuhua..? Why can't I see Hyunjin? Why... WHY?!"

I fell to my knees, exhausted from the constant waiting for eight hours. I managed to message our dorm mistress about Hyunjin and she said she would inform the rest of the teachers.

Jisung came and hugged me, trying to make me feel better.

"Calm, Bokkie. Calm. Yeji-noona is just angry at us. Don't worry, we will get to see Hyunjin soon enough-"

"I don't think y'all will," Beomgyu stated, looking equally tired. "Yeji-noona has all the right to remain angry at y'all. I don't wanna fan the flames but how could none of you notice him gone?"

Jeongin replied hiccuping, "I saw him, I even waved at him and he waved back. But, then I simply forgot. I got drunk and... and... I feel extremely guilty. I tried ringing his phone but it was outside the convenience store and.. and.. it kept on ringing. By that time, hyung was already admitted here... and..." Jeongin broke into sobs, again. "I am... so.. sorry."

Bang Chan tried to calm him. "It's my fault too... As the eldest, I should have taken care-"

"BUT HOW COULD I FORGET-"

"SHUT UP! BOTH OF YOU! If anything, its everyone's fault here... I had promised Niki & Yeji... Oof, that doofus..." Minho-hyung worried, leaning against the wall.

Just then, Seungmin and Changbin came back with some snacks and water for us.

"Here, some hangover medicine for all of you," Changbin handed the medicine, water and pack of chips to all of us. I thanked him and Jisung and I let go of each other.

"Any luck?" Seungmin asked, sitting down beside Jeongin.

"Nope. Just that Shuhua went inside a few minutes back," Jisung replied somberly.

"Shuhua? As in that blondie? The girl who's literally stuck to Hyunjin like glue?" Seungmin asked frustratedly. From what he had told me, Hyunjin is always occupied with either Shuhua or Karina for ballet practice. They haven't een been able to go to the library they wanted to go together.

"Yes, Seungmin. Me," Shuhua replied as she got out from the ward. "Also, Beomgyu, I think you should check up on Hyun. I tried convincing Yeji about letting y'all in but she only let Beomgyu. She's probably going to install a tracking device in Hyunjin's phone now."

Beomgyu nodded at her and quickly walked to the ward. He gave us a sad glance and went inside. She sat squatted down beside me and ruffled her blonde hair. She looked like she really did try to defend us.

"I apologise for Seungmin. He is really close to Hyunjin and gets jealous everytime someone befriends him," I told her softly so that only she heard me. She glanced at me and then glanced at Seungmin who was currently hugging Changbin.

Sighing, she scoffed, "I forgive him because I truly relate. However, I don't think he has the right to say that when I was the only one who was beside him while y'all were busy with your own lives."

I raised an eyebrow. What does she mean by that?

We were all solemnly waiting, hoping Yeji would let us in at some point of time. Shuhua was making tiny braids in her disarranged hair while throwing subtle glances at all of us. She stared at me for one long minute and massaged her temples.

She got up, dusted her sweatpants and offered me a hand. Jisung looked over at the sudden movement and I nodded at him and took Shuhua's hand. She led me towards the small cafeteria and sat down on the table-for-two. She pondered for a minute and then opened the dam gates.

"Listen, Felix. I don't wanna intrude in your personal lives but I suggest you pay more attention to Hyunjin. You probably don't even know that he has acute anxiety and depression. Clinically tested, by the way. He is suffering from abandonment issues. The real reason Yeji is angry is because you all are simply clueless about these things and only feel jealous that he doesn't go out with you all.

He is currently extremely stressed due to his ballet practices not going well due to the lack of chemistry between Karina and him. Sure, you probably have to handle the douchebag of an ex, which Hyunjin told me of by the way, but that doesn't mean you are completely ignorant of him. I can't blame Minho, Jisung, Seungmin, Changbin and Chan, they all have their own problems due to relationships or burdens from families but that still does not excuse their lack of interest for their friend's well being. But you and Jeongin can definitely devote more time to Hyunjin. Especially you, Felix.

You are the closest person to Hyunjin's heart. His best friend. Heck, some people on campus think you two are dating because of how close y'all are. Stop being jealous of me and Karina and fricking talk to him!"

She pulled her hair and put her head down on her hands.

She knew so much more than me. Am I really a best friend?

Was I being mean and rude?

How did I not notice?

Was I that ignorant?

Was I that engrossed with Charles that I forgot about Hyunjin?

Was Hyunjin jealous of Charles?

Is Charles bad?

Should I stop talking to him?

Am I ignoring my other friends too?

Am I getting obsessed with him again?

Is that bad? I mean, he is dating someone...

The sudden feeling of air on blood broke my chain of thoughts. I realised my fiddling caused my hangnail to tear. Shuhua must have smelled it too because she quickly wrapped my finger with a tissue paper to soak the little blood oozing out from the side of the nail.

"Felix, listen. Being hard on yourself now will do nothing. Being regretful won't change the disappointment and loneliness Hyunjin had to go through the past month. Did you know he was accepting to third-wheel on my dates as long as he wasn't alone?

Beomgyu lulls Hyunjin to sleep because he has nightmares otherwise. He randomly spaces out and tries to distance himself on purpose because of his dystychiphobia, his fear of hurting others.

Felix, I urge you, please help me before it gets worse." Shuhua looked she would burst into tears any minute.

How close were they that Shuhua got so emotional?

"Shuhua, see, I do try-"

"IT'S NOT FRICKING ENOUGH!" She snapped at me. "If you were, I wouldn't have asked you..." She mumbled the last part out, looking somewhere else while resting her head on her hands.

"If it's not enough, what should I do?"

Shuhua looked at me, piercing my soul as if she was reading me like a psychologist. Trying to know my entire personality with a single glance.

"Stop talking to Charles."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

A/N

Why is everyone so hellbent on making Felix stop talking to Charles?