04.

Hyunjin PoV

After that hug, the two of us walked back to my dorm room. Since Beomgyu wasn't here, I wouldn't have to worry about him randomly coming up to me and asking me where his private steamed chestnut stack was hidden away (its behind cassettes, don't tell him that).

We hung our jackets on the coat hanger and Felix made a beeline to the kitchen to just admire it. Every time he came over, the first thing he would do was stare at the kitchen and Beomgyu's gaming set up for five minutes each.

I designed and decorated the entire dorm room to satisfy my interior décor needs. Therefore, to say that it was aesthetically pleasing was an understatement. And every month the layout would change depending on my Pinterest feed. That is my way of relieving pent up stress.

After five minutes of gazing at the kitchen, Felix surprisingly ignored Beomgyu's gaming set up and plopped down on my single bed. I sat down on the chair in front of my desk littered with art supplies.

"I just realised that your room is over furnished but it still looks spacious. You should decorate my room one weekend," Felix said as he gazed around. He comes over almost every weekend but not once has he not complimented it.

I scratched my neck and said, "We could do it now if you wanted. We could use some help from Changbin and Seungmin and then we would be complete by the evening. We don't need to add or remove anything at the moment. Since you just came yesterday, your room might still be tidy." Felix gave it a little thought and agreed.

ʚ♡ɞ

After lots of brainstorming, referencing from Pinterest and convincing Changbin and Seungmin, we four finally started with the work at three post meridiem.

At first, we empties all the bookshelves and bed divan and shifted them to the living room. Then there was changing the layout of the bed, desk and shelves. Lights were hung on the shelves. Pictures were shifted and the books were rearranged.

For once, I went to my dorm room and brought over the unopened lamp and placed it near Felix's bed.

We also changed the bed sheets.

After four and half hours, Felix's bedroom was customised to his liking. There wasn't much legroom unlike mine since Felix had a queen-sized bed.

We thanked Changbin for wasting his time on us rather than with Seungmin (they together 24/7 - how on earth are they not together yet?).

Felix gave me a tight hug in gratitude and I ruffled his hair. "It was my pleasure to decorate your room Felix. I hope your mom will like it, isn't she into interior designing?"

"Yup," he replied while popping the 'p'. He is so adorable.

Stop making me love you, idiot. I am scared it will break my heart.

ʚ♡ɞ

"Quentin loved Margo. Margo loved Quentin. But Margo dates some high school jock while in love with Quentin. She knew Quentin was finding her but she thinks its absolutely fine to let him risk his life just to find her when in the end he had to let her go. I really don't wanna talk about this. Its getting me all riled up," I said as I tried to shake out any frustration I had.

"Sorry for bringing it up, Hyunjin. I should have known your feelings when you glared at the book while arranging the shelf," Felix replied while scratching his neck.

"Nah nah, 'tis okay. If you want to enjoy a book by John Green where he doesn't kill of the main characters, read 'Turtles All the Way Down'. It is better and though Davis is mysterious, he is not as bad as Margo," I replied as I put the despicable book in its place. The writing is good and all but I didn't like Margo at all. Probably because she reminded me of someone else.

After that we just stared at each other. We were really running out of topics to talk about.

"Hyunjin, why don't you share about your troubles with us?"

I looked at his pondering eyes filled with worry and care. "I didn't want to share, Felix. It's not that I don't trust y'all. It's just... I don't know... I don't like talking about it."

"I won't force it out of you. But, some times talking about it feels better you know. You will feel much lighter. Much freer, if that's a word," he said while taking my hand in his tiny ones. He played with our black and white Formica rings.

He slowly brought my hands near his lips and kissed my knuckles.

"There must be a reason why you keep it all inside. So, I will wait like you did for me."

Yeah. There is a reason, Felix.

It's because I don't want to burden you. I want you to keep smiling. I want to see that pure, genuine smile that you had lost before.

I don't want to be the reason you stop again.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

A/N

Hello. What do you think of the interior designing bit I added? Was it smooth or did it feel a bit rushed or cramped in the story?

Feel free to send me any suggestions or prompts. Constructive criticism is most welcome.

The book Hyunjin and Felix were discussing about was 'Paper Towns' by John Green. Also, since y'all might be wondering how their rooms are, am sharing the reference pics here.

Hyunjin (imagine the dog as a soft-toy):

Felix (imagine the cat as a soft toy):