Chapter 4

Finally, after giving myself a few minutes to breathe and try to process everything I hear a buzz. I look over to my nightstand and see a small phone screen that is lit up. "Ha! The idiot left his phone. Now I can find out who that son of a bitch was a make a proper police report!" I tell myself, sitting up really quick to grab the phone. The notification was a message from Untitled. "Oh no. Don't tell me." I swipe open the phone and sure enough a message is sitting unread in the message app. It reads, don't throw electronics. They can get costly after breaking so many. I hope you rested well love. I'll be thinking of you until I see you again. There is no way this can be happening. A stranger breaking into my home. Gives me one of the best orgasms that I have had in a while. Then buys me a phone. I'm doomed. How the fuck do I explain this to Sammy. I check the time, 5:18am. I debate if I shouldn't just go ahead and get up, since my adrenaline is going full speed right now. If I do, I can get a head start on my work and be done by lunch time. Maybe then I can catch up on some sleep. I get out of bed and go into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. I knew I would be drinking the entire cup. I grab some toast and strawberry jelly and wait on my coffee. I stare at the door. Just amazed at how this man was able to get in without breaking the chain lock at the top of the door. If he even came in through the door. Suddenly I hear another buzz. I had sat the phone down onto the kitchen table beside my laptop, so I grabbed it and swiped it open. I didn't need to figure out who it was, because I didn't even know. The message read, I don't want you to be scared of me, and maybe I came on a little too strong. If you would like you can reply back and ask me anything other than my name. That you have to earn. Other than that, I am an open book."Earn? After you break into my house and violate me?! The nerve of this jerk." I say, but before I can hit reply and curse him out a phone call comes through. I recognize the number, because I knew Sammy's by heart. I quickly answer, "How did you get this number? Where the hell are you? I need you NOW!" "Calm down Anna. I am on my way home, and as far as I know I called the number that has been in my contact list for years." she says clearly annoyed. "Oh. Look I haven't slept much, it has just been a long night and I really need to vent, but I am going to finish up some work and I'll be done by lunch. Do you have any clients today?" I say, changing the demeanor of my tone, realizing that I may just be going crazy. "I have two. I will be done around lunch as well. I will call you and we can meet up at the mall and talk about last night. I am going to come in and change and go ahead and go meet my team to start on my first job. You need to just calm down and we'll sort out your crazy emotions later. See you in a bit." she says before she quickly hangs up. Yes, I am going to go crazy. I just know it. Not only now did he buy me this phone, but he also had my number transferred to it. Now I just have to remember all my contacts. Hopefully they are saved in the cloud. I decide not to reply back to him. At this point, I don't even know what I would say. I grab my coffee and toast and sit down. I laid the phone face down, making sure to cut the vibration completely off so I can focus and opened my laptop. I start reading over some coding from my team and I was so deep into it that I didn't even hear Sammy come in. I tell her Hey and she smiles and runs past me. About fifteen minutes later she's back out in a pink shirt and white, paint-stained overalls. She pats me on the back, grabs some coffee and runs out of the door, all before I can even blink. I turn around and make sure the door is locked. I look back to the computer and start back into work. Before I know it, it is already 11:30am and My eyes are starting to twitch. My mind is starting to trail off. "I think I know what to ask." I say as I pick up the phone and lean back.