Chapter 19

The sight of him working in the limelight from the hanging lantern was worth peeping in. His robe was perfectly showcasing his toned muscles and the undone buttons gave her the sight of his bare chest. She got her thoughts back before it went wild as she heard the deep voice, "Why are you at my door at this time of the night?"

"I... I was not getting any sleep so I just..."

"Come in and close the door behind you." His tone was firm as he was still concentrating on his work. 

She waited without any movement and he rose his head. "Close the door."

"Oh," she nodded as she shut the door and took a seat at his gesture. He got up from his seat and stepped right in front of her and she held her breath at their proximity. She confirmed that he was handsome and something in her was turned on. The butterflies in her stomach were acting strange and she didn't want to concentrate on it. 

He bent closer and whispered, "We will be heading for the island on the south."

She looked up and their eyes met as he stepped back clearing, "According to my sources, the man we are searching for is safe there."

"Oh!" she relaxed, "Then I will get to bed."

"I though that you weren't getting any sleep." He smirked and she surrendered as he grabbed her, "Let me take you somewhere."

They climbed a flight of stairs behind a wall that took them to the top a tomb and there was a cave set up, "My hangout spot." He introduced happily as if he brought his favourite person home. 

Lit by the stary lantern and fresh flowers adorning the little space, it really felt like home. There was soft cushions set up on the ground above a picnic mat. Pillows and duvet were left well arranged on top and beside the set-up was a little table with a book, coffee mug and some other engaging stuffs.

He laid down and called her alongside. She sat beside him, "How do we go there tomorrow?"

"Magic." He gently pulled her and uplifted on his elbow, looking at her. "There is always a way. We will reach the place, but how do we find him, that's the only part I am confused with."

He pulled up the duvet, helping them in the cold and breezy night and he laid back. "I know... I am very handsome."

"Huh?" She immediately looked away, rose tinting her cheeks. Was this the feeling of being lost in a world of two bodies but one soul, she wouldn't know because it was new, it was hitting her from the insides, it was enchanting. 

Slowly the pair drifted to sleep with the moon being the only witness. 

***

"Ma'am, my friend is missing."  Adya had been running straight out of her bed.

"So is our heir." A young and sturdy man crossed her. "Did your friend have any exterior motive?"

She crossed her arms,  and he eyed her like she was a different creature; her hair a mess as it was unbrushed and she was still in her night dress. "Be mindful about the feelings of your guest, mister..."

"Mr. Pratik." He glared at her. "With utmost respect, please tell me did your friend meet Ishaan yesterday night?"

"No. Where did you check for them?"

"The whole ground floor." He cleared and she informed, "None of them are in this side too."

"If you are hiding something, better tell me before the Wild Miracles take you?" He threatened her and she yelled, "Are you for real... man!" She smacked her head. "How did I end up here?"

***

The distant sound of quarreling disturbed them. Ishaan slowly opened his eyes only to see Srishti sleeping peacefully in his arms. His day was to be beautiful with such a morning. As her eyes slowly opened, he pressed his eyes shut. She immediately got up and he slowly stretched himself, "Did you sleep well?" 

She turned her face away from him and nodded as she got up. "I will freshen up and join in the dining room."

He frowned as he led her down the stairs, "What is with the sound coming from the hallway?" Srishti shrugged until she saw Adya about to grab the collar of a royal. 

"Hey! Hey! Easy!" Ishaan shielded Pratik and Adya glance darted to the stairs from where he had ran in and she calmed down. She squeezed Srishti and led her to where the boys stood. She proudly informed, "Seems that it wasn't my friend with another motive." She winked at Ishaan and Srishti pinched her.

"Ouch! I was just joking."

"Pratik, what was going on?" Ishaan turned to his buddy. 

"Um... we were just looking for you both. Shall we go for breakfast?" His cheeks were flushed and Ishaan slightly patted him. "So Adya, this is my partner in crime. He is coming along with us today as he had already been to the region we are heading today."

"Nice to meet you," Adya said arrogantly and he shook hands with her.

Srishti didn't wait to hear the questions from Adya, "I will freshen up and join for breakfast."

Ishaan added, "Me too, you both can wait for us. We will join quickly."

Pratik hesitantly nodded as they dispersed.

***

Pratik and Adya sat at the table without disturbing the awkward silence. 

"Sorry!" Both of them started in their attempt to break the awkwardness that was washed away with their laughter.

"Tell us, what is funny?" Ishaan pulled out a chair for Srishti.

"Oh! Please don't tell me you waited for Srishti to walk here." Adya giggled  and making out a whisper to Pratik, "I am shipping them."

Srishti rolled her eyes at Adya as they began with the breakfast and a glass of milk and Pratik explained, "After breakfast we can head to Grand Crystal, the tribe from there will help us to the Island through their portal. So then we can start our hunt, scattering into different ways. And grab your essentials in a backpack."

They obediently nodded and headed for the same after a hearty breakfast.

***

Adya zipped up her bag. "So what was happening yesterday night that I missed?"

"I wasn't getting any sleep." Srishti filled in her bag.

"So just like that you go to him, you could have woken me up." She playfully smiled, "What is going on?"

"I... I think...I" 

"No thinking, girl. This all real, live it!"

"This ain't and that is the problem."

Adya stepped towards her, keeping a hand on her shoulder, "Why not, you told me this is real."

"This is but time will change... and when we are over with this and at our home, we will remember none of this. He already warned us about this and now every moment spent here feels forbidden that we will not be able relive it even in our memories." 

Adya wrapped her in her arms. "If you fall for him in here, you will fall in love with him at our world too."

"What if he doesn't come back? He came there because he had a purpose but he will not have one once we leave."

"Girl! Why do we overthink everything?" She buried her head on Srishti's shoulder.

A knock on the door interrupted them. "Ready to go?"

Surya_SK