Chapter 2

Some 30 years ago, before the tales of the lost lands began to vanish.

***
Maths.

Life is full of calculations when it comes to the lives. They know every problem has a solution but at times, things get messed up with their mistakes.

Every life is a story and it is always satisfying when we do what we love because only then could we do things with all our heart. We only live ones, so live it to the full extent, by your choice.

When you finally lie at the call of the supreme power, all your life would flash before your eyes and you shouldn't regret. It should be only pride in your eyes, happiness in your face and satisfaction for such a life in your soul.

Everyone's life is a thriller ride until you realize why you were born. Though it takes time to understand it, may be a whole life.

This is your life, live it your way. That is pretty easy to say but too hard to execute because life is still Maths. It's hard at times but it isn't difficult for everyone and only they go for the sun and the moon. But don't go behind them, create a new path for you only if you are brave enough because it's still there.

Reading this may sound boring and somewhere good but implementation is always sickening because something like this... Philosophies like this always remain in words even when it comes from experiences because you should be ready to dare.

Will you... Dare?

A guide can tell the route but the traveler chooses the destination. What will you dare to do? Where would you like to go? I will take you there...

Your guide.

***

Ayush Dikra, the middle aged sturdy man in a track suit ran his hand through his boxed beard and put up a smile as he closed the pen and left the goblet of ink on his table. He enveloped the letter with a birthday wish atop of it.

He headed to the garden and saw the little girl running around the gazebo as her mother was watering the flowering plants.

The little girl with two sided braids had been trying to create a design with the flowers. He sat down next to her and held her closer. "Shall I help you?"

She smiled as she sat back and her father returned the pleasant feeling. She was ready to hear the next tale from her father but she never knew these stories were special, atleast to her.

"Agone there, at the other end of the ocean, where our sight see the water meeting the sky was where... There was a supernatural land treasured as a secret."

The little girl curiously asked, "Who lived there, father?"

"Oh there!" Her father continued, "There used to be wizards, witches, fairies, dragons and more fantastical creatures. They have the magical powers."

The ardent girl gave off, "Do they only have magic?"

Father looked suspiciously at the girl, "Whatsoever do you wish them to have?"

"Loving family and caring friends."

He smiled, "My princess! They did live with their family but what made them more superior than any of us was that they were known to create miracles."

"Miracles!" The girl echoed with wonderment.

Her father nodded, suppressing a laugh as her eyes had already popped out in fascination.

"How could one go there?" The girl asked eagerly waiting for an answer.

"That's a secret, darling."

Her mother called them in and they immediately ran to the kitchen table for supper and she grabbed a slice of the pie as she took a seat.

The shatter of the clouds echoed in the atmosphere and the lightening struck followed by the roar.

The girl leaned closer to her father in the kitchen only to hear his whisper. "It's somewhere beyond our houses... and we have not discovered how to get there."

"The lost lands." The girl rose her head to watch her father continuing the tale.

He took her in his lap and asked, "Baby, would you mind going to that land of magic?" She gave off a smile and to no surprise, there was a distinguished answer from her who was moved by the tale of a magical land like any other child. She did answer, "Yes!"

The clouds wept all at once for they have found a lionheart. The rain cooled the climate but it didn't extinguish the burning flame of the child's desire.

"After all father!" The little one seriously looked around. "Maybe it wants me to find the undiscovered way."

She slipped down her father's lap and walked towards the door steps and watching the fall of rain drops, she concluded, "What do you say, father?"

"You want to go? Then you can, if it's all that your heart is longing for."

She shrieked, "Thank you!" She ran down the steps and became wet herself, playing in the rain.

She stopped to look at her father who angrily asked, "Was that what you have asked about permitting?"

The girl innocently nodded with a smile.

The angry man burst into laughter and ran after her, enjoying the rain until the stars paved it's own way to twinkle in the dark sphere.

Her father sat down on the lawn and she accompanied. He was pointing out the constellation for her and she sat in awe. Her father caressed her, "If you ever feel lonely talk to them. They will be always there to listen your worries."

The girl arched her eyebrow, "Where would you go?"

"Where I would want you to come." He blinked at her. "Befriend these wonders of the world because they are a part of you. Okay? They will take you to me."

She dipped her head and her mother came in. "Both father and daughter have been soaked. Come in, before you catch a bad cold."

The child and her father dried up themselves with a change of clothes and her father tucked her in the bed and patted her while her mother pulled up the blanket and kissed her forehead.

She went to bed dreaming about the land that always fascinated her. Dreams had found a way in her.

Surya_SK

Sunshines of my land, get ready to embrace the lost land.