Chapter 17 - War with the neighbors

---Kim’s POV---

I didn’t understand how the whole shopping trip could have gone so wrong. One moment I was laughing almost hysterically, my stomach cramping up because apparently, Kath had handed me a flashy yellow dress whilst she knew I hated that color with a passion.

Luckily for me, my little sis Karen had laughed out loud and reminded me of my dislike for yellow ever since a mother goose had chased the ten year old me for trying to pet her chicks. It resulted into more laughing while I had changed and flung the dress towards Kath before we left the shop.

It was then that my stomach had lightly churned with an unsettling feeling like we were being watched. I had shrugged it off; we were in a mall, laughing loudly and having fun. Off course people would look up to see what the ruckus was about.

“Oh my god, I have to pee now before you guys make me laugh any more. Stop laughing!” Kath choked out when both Karen and me busted out in louder laughter while I could visualize Kath there tiptoeing in an attempt to hold it up.

Lucky for her, Karen had guided us down the hall towards the bathroom, which was slightly secluded from the main area to give people their privacy. Karen and I were making due on our sister bonding and both of us felt grateful that Will had happened. If not we probably wouldn’t have got together again.

“It’s all so…weird though. I mean, a few days ago I woke up in my bed, thinking that werewolves were only possible in books like twilight and such. And now, here we are.” Karen replied while she shuffled a bit, probably waving her hand in a wide gesture to our surroundings.

A smile crept on my face as I nodded, tilting my head when I heard the hand dryer going off in the bathroom, indicating that Kath was ready. “Well, let’s get ready to continue our shopping trip, shall we?” I groaned, knowing that Kath had met her match in Karen; she was a shopaholic to the max.

Karen laughed at that before she looped her arm in mine and chuckled when Kath moved past us. “Come on ladies, chop chop! I want those Jimmy Choo shoes before some jezebel stomps in and buys those lovelies! They’re mine!” Kath added possessively in the end, making us laugh even more.

Suddenly, I heard a thud from flesh hitting flesh coming from in front of us, at the same time that a shiver went through my body when Karen gasped and froze to the spot. The shiver multiplied when a voice I could hear every time in my nightmare spoke up. It was one of those guys who participated in the beating.

“Let me go you brute!” Kath snapped before the swift sound of her footsteps coming our way were stopped abruptly as the sound of flesh connecting with stone echoed harshly to the secluded hallway, accompanied by her shout of pain.

“Gotcha! What were you thinking Kitty Kath? Running away from us while we only wanted to say hi? Who are your friends huh?”

Kevin. One of the taller, more build guys that had laughed out loud when I was reduced to a crumbled and tearful mess. He had also been the one to hold back the younger male who had protested against the beating before Kevin had escorted the teenager away from the scene and charged him with caring for Carlos’ sister.