Chapter 12 - Will meets the parents

---James’ POV---

A smile slipped on my face as I saw the young Alpha jog around his car to open the door for his newly found mate. Charles, a werewolf officer on my team, smirked slightly while he jabbed his elbow in Paul’s side before he motioned his head towards William, who smiled at Kim.

“Look at that, young love huh.” Charles snickered slightly while Paul let out a good-natured laugh and nodded with him. “Makes me remember the time I set my sights in my dear Sophie.” Paul mused while looking at the young Alpha pair that walked towards us.

Walter, an older, burly human scratched at his nearly white beard and mustache while gazing at Kim before he shook his head slightly. I caught his attention and raised an eyebrow, silently asking what he was thinking. Walter just motioned his head towards the two younger males of our team, both human and obviously very interested in Kim.

“I’ve been with the Navy before I signed up for this job but I know true love when I see it. And I also know a potential scuffle arising.” He muttered with his slightly hoarse voice. When William caught on to the lustful looks the greenhorns were giving Kim, he growled lowly in his throat while he possessively wrapped his arm around Kim’s waist.

A few moments later, another pair of car lights lighted the scene before the rumbling of a car engine was silenced. Kath jumped out of the car, with David close behind her, making me roll my eyes.

“Who the hell are you?” One of the greenhorns, Drew, said, giving Kath a once over while she walked towards Kim. “Friends of Kim, we’re here to help her move her stuff. She can’t take all of her stuff by herself now, can she?”

Kim rolled her eyes slightly while William walked her towards us. “Mock with the blind girl, classic one Kath.” Kim muttered under her breath. I walked up to the two young officers and stood behind them, effectively shutting them up. They glanced up at me and gave me a weak smile, which I returned with a raised eyebrow before they finally acted professionally.

“Okay, we’re going to guide Miss Hale in her house so she can get her belongings from her home. She must be accompanied by a police officer at all times and her parents are not allowed to interrupt her or prevent the moving. Understood?” I asked, my stern gaze mainly focused on the youngsters of the team.

“Yes sir.” The reply from every officer resounded before we all headed towards the front door. Kim handed me the key to her house, before we all stepped in, one of the pack staying outside in case Kim’s parents came back and one went inside as we heard voices talking to each other, somewhere around the house.

As soon as the door swayed open, the voices stopped talking before two pair of feet quickly made their way to the hallway. A door directly opposite of the front door swayed open, revealing a dimly lit kitchen and a pair of adults, who looked slightly shocked to see the amount of police force in their homes.

The man, dressed in a black pinstriped suit, fiddled a bit with his tie while glancing around at every police officer, frowning slightly. It was strange, but I could see the resemblance between him and Kim; the basic structure of his face had been softened, molded differently but it was still there.