Chapter 1 - Things to see, places to go....

-3 years later-

---Kim’s POV---

The music on the radio woke me up from my sleep. Groaning slightly, I moved my hands along the bed, locating myself before I reached out to my radio and pushed the alarm off. After three long years I could easily find my way through my room and put my own alarm of without throwing everything to the ground.

I stretched myself out before I pressed on my watch. It was a birthday present from my parents last year and I truly loved it; my watch could literally tell me what time it is. A metallic voice told me it was 06:30. Although it was tempting to lie back down on the bed, I knew that Kath would be charging in when she arrived.

Slowly standing up, I slightly touched my closet, reaffirming my location before I started walking. 3 steps to the right, 2 to the left and then the second door on the right to the bathroom. My fingertips slid against the wall, keeping myself balanced; I was still very sleepy.

Only minutes after I stepped out of the shower, the doorbell rang and I heard my mom laugh before footsteps could be heard on the stairs. I rolled my eyes at the air before I muttered in myself,  “And 3,2,1…cue Kath.” Just as I waved at the bathroom door, it opened and I smirked, knowing that Kath was standing in the doorway.

“Kim, I don’t know how you do that but if you feel like that when I want to buy a lottery ticket, please tell me the correct numbers?” I snorted before I started laughing, quickly followed by Kath. She would get so frustrated that I could hear her coming that she finally placed a bet against me; if she could get to me without being noticed, I would have to go on a date with a guy.

Ever since the beating up I received from my former classmates, I avoided male friends like the plague; after all, they started the bullying. Kath always declared that I was behaving like a tool but I rather not take any chances. Look what happened to me in the first place.

I heard Kath’s high heels click on the floor and I waved to the direction of my room. “Can you help me out with the outfit?” Kath clapped her hands in delight and sped of towards my closet. “Something CASUAL!” I shouted after her while I shook my head. Last time I asked her advice, she gave me a skirt that barely covered my behind.

Whilst drying my hair, I could hear Kath click around in my room. I moved my hand through my curls, making sure that they were dry; I had made the decision to get curly hair right after I went blind. After all, I couldn’t check in the mirror to see if my hair was good.

Click, click, click. I smiled when I heard the slow footsteps; Kath was trying to sneak up on my, using the sound from the hair blower as a distraction. Just when she was at the corner, I turned the blower towards the door and was rewarded with a “HAH! Go-“ followed by a sputtering sound and then “GOD DAMN IT, what are you, five!” Kath shouted when I blew hot air in her face mid sentence. I could imagine what her face looked like; hair blown over, mouth wide open and slightly stretched from the air I had blown her way.

This was why I loved Kath; although she was my eyes whenever possible, she acted casual about it. For me, it felt like we were normal people and it meant the world for me. “Come on slowpoke, let’s get ready for school.” Kath said after we calmed down, dragging me to my room.