chp: 3

draco sighed out through his nose upon reading a letter from his father. his eyes scanning over it once before it lit up in flames, having no motivation to drop it as it burned between his fingers.

draco scrunched his nose up in pain, flicking his fingers until they felt better. the burning sensation gone in his fingertips, but not in his heart. he held a bitter feeling as he replayed the letter in his mind over and over. he wished it was something he could read psychically, he didn't exactly have photographic memory.

we have things to discuss, i will be in your dorm around 9:00 pm. it shall take no longer than an hour, do not be anywhere else, and do not be late. it is of up most importance that we need to discuss this right away.

draco knew it was from his father. a part of him hoped he would come to discuss it the following day, but he remembered it vividly. his father was probably going to talk about the dark lord and what draco had to do.

that didn't give him much time to find rin as it was near 9:00pm.

which meant he either had to cancel his plans with rin or push it back to a later time. rin was a hard male to find, he was quiet and secretive and he quite literally disappears on a daily basis. draco bit his thumb in thought, a habit he's had since childhood.

his mind swarming with different outcomes. if he couldn't find rin then the red eyed male would think he was being showed up. that was the last thing he wanted, he pushed himself out of the chair in his private corridors and left for the common room.

he had hoped that rin would be in the common room, but the universe was not on his side.

"what's got your knickers in a twist?" a female voice said from behind him.

draco looked back to see pansy grinning at him, blaise next to her and seeming very confused. draco's nose scrunched once more and his features turned to one of annoyance.

"shut it." he grumbled, crossing his arms.

"tell your old buddies blaise and pansy, we are no strangers." the black haired female teased.

"we will listen... for the most part." blaise nods his head in encouragement.

draco narrows his eyes, contemplating on telling them. he could get their input and possibly more of a way to find rin and tell him that slight change in plans. draco's chest heaves a bit, he sighed out and gave a curt nod.

he looked around briefly, making sure no one will hear him.

"i was supposed to see maru in the astronomy tower-"

"isn't it restricted when there's no class going on?" blaise accidentally cut him off.

pansy smacked the back of his head, he winced and shied away at the glare radiating on draco's face. draco took another deep breath, carrying on and ignoring the cut off momentarily.

"anyways, it was supposed to be at 10:00pm. before you cut me off again, yes it's past curfew." draco took a quick jab, "but my father wants to speak to me around 9:00pm, said it won't take more than hour. i had hoped to run into maru to say to meet up at 10:30 instead, but maru's a hard person to find."

"that is a predicament." pansy hummed, cupping her chin a bit in thought.

she wanted to help draco, it was nice seeing him slightly worked up and disheveled... even if it were only in minor details. if you weren't looking for it, you would believe draco is dressed as perfectly as a normal malfoy.

"oh maru?" blaise askes rhetorically. "i see maru all the time, i'll pass the message."

draco felt relieved for a second, but something in him said it was a bad idea to give this task to blaise. but before he could say he would do it, just tell him where rin hides off to, blaise was gone. probably left to find rin as they all three knew the time, there wasn't much of it.