chp: 1

rin unloaded his stuff, placing it on the bed he usually sleeps in. he was the first to arrive at his dormitory as it was a given.

rin wanted to be the first person in his dorm so his cat could pick out the best bed. cosmic had walked to the bed by the window, jumping on it and curling near the cool glass.

so, that was their new bed.

rin was hoping to have a few of his friends be roommates with him, he'd missed them greatly over the summer. they wrote letters to each other, but they never saw each other. not even once. until rin couldn't write back.

levi atkinson: a male around rin's height, natural red head but likes to dye his hair different colors. he sees how far he can go before he gets in trouble, and blue eyes.

hickory walker: the shortest out of all three, brown hair and brown eyes. his cheeks have ther natural red hue and he has freckles. and he's a bit plumper.

those were his two friends, those were his only friends. both have a steady girlfriend, hickory's lovely lady was taller than him by a few inches. levi's lovely lady was a few inches shorter than levi himself, but she was also a muggle who knew he was a wizard.

both were on his ass about getting a girlfriend, but he was too afraid to tell them he was gay.

"yo, rin you're finally showing yourself!" levi busted through their dormitory door. "we thought you were dead."

hickory nodded in agreement, too busy stuffing his face with chips to properly greet rin. rin smiled at the two, his featured softening at the sight of them.

he had to cancel his plans with them, not by free will. his parents had went through his room while he was in his fifth year at hogwarts, he'd been keeping secrets. they found some of his stuff he kept in between his mattresses, pictures of male models in tight clothing.

they had found out he was gay and wanted to straighten him out. his parents wouldn't allow him to see his friends, saying he'd spread his disease to them.

"yeah sorry... busy summer." rin forced out a chuckle, it sounding very real.

he was too busy crying most of the summer and trying to get his parents to accept. he was even kicked out, so now he has no place to go to over the summer.

he'll have to figure that out himself.

levi and hickory found their beds, tossing their things on it. hickory immediately got to unpacking while levi jumped on his bed to relax. both rin and levi never unpacked right away, it takes them weeks before even doing one bag.

"you guys going to the slytherin party?" levi asked, kicking his shoes off.

"slytherin party?" hickory asked, crumbling his empty bag of chips and tossing it onto the ground. he'd pick it up later. "there's another one?"

"yeah... every year you fucking dumbass." rin said, gaining a pout from hickory. "the slytherin's throw a party for the newcomers and to get the year started."

"we do that every year?" hickory asked.

"yes." levi and rin said at the same time.

hickory blinked in confusion, causing his friends to burst into laughter. hickory was usually off with his girlfriend doing god knows what. but they never really come to a party, that's why hickory has no idea what they're talking about.

"rin you gotta join this time. usually you stay in." levi said, "i need another person to talk to."

rin shifted a bit, petting his cat who'd moved places to rin's lap. he looked down at cosmic, calming his nerves a bit.