Ow! Ginny, quit hitting me!

To say I've been sleeping better would be an understatement. I've slept amazing the past few nights - deep, dreamless, and cocooned in Charlie's lingering scent on the bedsheets in the room at the astronomy tower. It's like Charlie's still here, guarding my dreams.

When Charlie was in my room his scent stayed for a day The house elves changed the sheets soon, sadly, but here no one is going to change them. Today I was reading, here watching the Quidditch pitch visible where if it weren't for Umbridge someone would have been practicing. After Classes and Harry and Ron complaining I am quite drained and ready for the weekend. 

As the sun dipped below the horizon and the castle was cloaked in shadows, I closed the book and put it on the nightstand before falling back into the bed. I burrowed into the sheets, chasing the lingering traces of Charlie's scent that still clung to the fabric.

A contented sigh escaped me as I let the peaceful moment wash over my senses. When a voice suddenly makes me jolt upright.

"Glad you're enjoying this."

I whip around to find Charlie leaning casually against the wall, muscular arms crossed over his broad chest, an affectionate smile tugging at his mouth.

"Charlie!" In my enthusiasm I bound out of bed and launch myself at him. He lets out an "oof!" as I crash into his solid frame, sending us both stumbling back into the stone wall.

Charlie rights us, chuckling. His arms wrap around me automatically. "Hey there, troublemaker," he murmurs into my hair.

I cling to him tightly, breathing him in. "What are you doing here?" My words are muffled against his jumper.

Charlie's hand strokes over my back. "Just wanted to check in quickly since I can't stay." He pulls back to meet my eyes, his own crinkling at the corners."But I have to say, it seems like you don't need me anymore. You look quite well-rested," Charlie remarks, eyeing me fondly.

I give him a faint, almost bashful smile. "Well, I was wondering if I could ask you for something actually..." I trail off, feeling suddenly shy.

Charlie quirks an eyebrow. "Anything you need, just name it."

"Can you...can you leave your sweater here maybe?" I mumble out in a rush, cheeks flushing. 

"My sweater?" Charlie looks surprised but smiles softly. "Are you cold? Here-" He starts shrugging out of his worn jumper without waiting for an answer. I stop him with a hand on his arm.

"No, no!" I stop him hurriedly, face flaming now. "Not the one you're wearing. Just an old one you don't need..." I trail off, ducking my head in embarrassment.

But Charlie just chuckles and sits on the bed "I don't carry old sweaters that I don't need, ly. You are cold, just take this." He says as he extends the sweater towards me. "No, no, not col-" I say quickly. "I mean, yes it's a bit chilly in here." I grab onto the excuse now, not quite brave enough to admit I just want to feel wrapped in his essence, safe and at home. Because he is my home. "Your sweaters are just so cozy."

Charlie still seems bemused but hands me the sweater without protest. I clutch it happily, breathing in the woodsy scent that clings to the fibers.

I flop back onto the bed, pressing my face into the soft wool. The mattress dips as Charlie stretches out beside me, one arm coming around to draw me against his broad chest. I seized the opportunity, snuggling into him.

I suddenly sit up but before Charlie could question what I was doing I eagerly slip Charlie's oversized sweater over my head, enveloping myself in his woodsy scent. The sleeves hang past my hands comically, but I don't care. I feel instantly comforted, being wrapped in his essence.